Windows desktop slow

Go to solution Solved by Blackhawks,

Then i guess a reinstall of the os is needed

I fixed the problem. My mouse is plugged into my  func kb-460 keyboards usb port. I put it into the computer instead and now the problem is gone. So the problem is that the keyboard can't generate enough power? Or is it a driver issue that I can fix?

edit: the usb ports that work is usb 3.0 the keyboard is 2.0.

Hi. I have this problem with my fairly newbuilt PC. I made a video so you can see the problem: 

There is also a problem when I hover the cursor over icons in the desktop. They are supposed to get the blue box around them and when I move the cursor slowly, they do but when I move it quickly only some of them does. I hope you understand. It feels like there is some generaly slow refresh rates in the desktop and only the desktop. When i open folders and such it's very responsive. Games are not affected by this cause they run very smooth.

I have tested it out on other computers and there the problem doesn't exist. I'm getting really annoyed by this so I hope there is someone who can possible help me with this problem. I can make more videos to describe the problem if it's hard to understand. Thanks!

I have the newest graphics drivers and mobo bios.

CPU: fx-8320
CPU-cooling:CM hyper 212
Mobo: Gigabyte ga 970a-ds3p am3+
RAM: 2x 4 GB 1600mhz ddr3
GPU: Gigabyte r9 280 oc
HDD: seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm. Windows on it.
PSU :fractal design r2 integra 650w

I've watched this video three times and it looks normal except for the tiny lag with the boxes disappearing.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers?

I wouldn't really worry about it. I can't personally think of anything going on but if it doesn't affect performance then why worry.

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

Thanks for answers!

I kind off have an ocd for stuff like that which annoys me a ton and I notice these lags very easliy and I don't experience this on any other computer that I have tried.

I've watched this video three times and it looks normal except for the tiny lag with the boxes disappearing.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers?

Yes I have done it several times recently. Is it likely to be hardware or software related? An interesting thing is that just when I log in, the thing with the icons is faster but then after like half a minute it becomes very slow. It's is not from a startup program cause I have tested that so it might be one of the background processes?

this is normal when you fill up your PC with programs

perform a full defragmentation and disk cleanup

online do have free softwares like CCleaner and Defrag software that you can use

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

this is normal when you fill up your PC with programs

perform a full defragmentation and disk cleanup

online do have free softwares like CCleaner and Defrag software that you can use

I have defragmented the disk 2 times recently and I use ccleaner once a week.

Today I noticed that if I disable the AMD Gaming Evolved app then the thing with the iconhovering is significantly improving. Any ideas?

I have defragmented the disk 2 times recently and I use ccleaner once a week.

Today I noticed that if I disable the AMD Gaming Evolved app then the thing with the iconhovering is significantly improving. Any ideas?

How about uninstalling the program?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

How about uninstalling the program?

Ofcourse I did that. It makes the icon thing decent but the rectangle lag is still here and I hate it.

Ofcourse I did that. It makes the icon thing decent but the rectangle lag is still here and I hate it.

I fixed the problem. My mouse is plugged into my  func kb-460 keyboards usb port. I put it into the computer instead and now the problem is gone. So the problem is that the keyboard can't generate enough power? Or is it a driver issue that I can fix?

possible but technically the mouse do not draw a lot of power so why it lag is a weird problem