ROG Swift Problem!

Hotdogs&bbqsauce

i just finished building my computer:

gtx 980 strix, i5 3960k.

when i tried plugging it into my ROG swift, i receive no signal

however, if i use HDMI on another monitor, it appears to be fine, with stuff showing up (bios etc.)

i really hope this isnt a problem with the ROG monitor or graphics card as i got them overseas. 

please provide any information that i can do to fix this problem, or did i miss a cable or something :S

please provide any information that i can do to fix this problem, or did i miss a cable or something :S

How are you plugging the ROG Swift with a HDMI when it doesn't have a HDMI port?

It has DP only.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

How are you plugging the ROG Swift with a HDMI when it doesn't have a HDMI port?

It has DP only.

i plugged hdmi inot another monitor , an older monitor and it works

i plugged hdmi inot another monitor , an older monitor and it works

Woops, I read that wrong Sorry!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

did you use a DP-DP cable?

what happens if you connect both an hdmi monitor and the swift

it is the DP-DP cable included 

and when i plug the hdmi and DP-DP cable, monitor with hdmi conected shows stuff, like bios but ROG still has nothing

it is the DP-DP cable included 

and when i plug the hdmi and DP-DP cable, monitor with hdmi conected shows stuff, like bios but ROG still has nothing

in windows?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Try using a DVI or VGA cable as your drivers will most likely support those over any other cable. When I installed my 980 STRIX I had to update my drivers before any other cable would work. 

EDIT: Sorry I'm looking at the cable inputs on the Swift now and it doesn't seem like there is much to work with. Connect to an older monitor if you are able to, set everything up and update to the latest graphics drivers. Let me know if you still aren't getting a picture when you try connecting the your Swift.

My guess is that the stock drivers on your card don't support display port so you need to update them and then use your Swift.

Try using a DVI or VGA cable as your drivers will most likely support those over any other cable. When I installed my 980 STRIX I had to update my drivers before any other cable would work. 

right now im using an hdmi cable on another monitor to install windows. would i be able to install drivers this way? or do i have to use dvi?

right now im using an hdmi cable on another monitor to install windows. would i be able to install drivers this way? or do i have to use dvi?

Yes, use the HDMI cable and install everything like that. Once you have updated your GPU to the latest drivers, try using the Swift again.

Install windows on another monitor first and install the drivers then it should work.

Install windows on another monitor first and install the drivers then it should work.

gtx 980 drivers? what else

gtx 980 drivers? what else

Motherboard drivers like chipset network audio.