UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

Kinda scary to think this can happen with such a "precious" load. I wonder if someone will lose their job over this.

And it's nice to see you being honest and return them. As you said yourself, nobody would know but you would, and that's what matters.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

linus just posted this on facebook haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

in the usa anything delivered to your home you can legally keep, its the shipping companies responsibility to take care of the mix up (insured or not)

I made a account just for this.

You're an honest man, I would've sold them all except one to keep for myself, hehe. (iPod Classic, 10 y/o :C)

I would do the right thing and contact UPS about the situation.  Honesty, most of the time, is all I know.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

lel 1300+ users reading.....

Also gj OP, that was the right thing to do!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

@Vanderburg

If this isn't complete bs...

Dude wtf. Don't return it. By law, you can keep this. UPS is rich as balls.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Lovely copy pasta robot reply from UPS there.  You would think some human would see the email and realize.. the urgency of the situation.  

Even If he is legally entitled to keep the ipods, that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. (Though I wouldn't mind Apple being taken down a notch)

Legality does not equal Morality.  In the same way patent wars are legal, but I would argue that they are often unethical.

-Jarro

I dont even know what would I do with just one... 

I would give them back... 

Unless:

Bembos (my Local hamburger franchaise in Perú) would accept them as a trade

in that case i would feel really tempted to spent all of them in double meat+bacon+cheese burgers 

a

I definitely would not keep them. Doing the right thing. Hope it's all sorted out soon.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I know you said you're moving soon but with $90K worth in your house which everyone that read this now knows... I'd still get rid of that address. 

Could be nice giveaway lol

Activating Oprah Mode!

"You get an iPod!, You get an iPod! Everybody gets an iPod!"

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

What?! thats amazing!

You sure they are not fake?

Quite sure. The addresses on the labels on the little boxes are to various Apple Stores in Canada.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I really appreciate everything you have done to ensure this was taken care of. Once the package arrives back at our facility, we will inspect the box in hopes of locating the shipper. If we are unable to locate the shipper, they will be placed in our lost and found area.

For being such an honest and great customer, I would like to offer you a $25.00 e-gift card. This will come to you in a separate email within two business days. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Sincerely, 

Christy W.

UPS Social Media Team

What's that sound that the Price is Right uses when you lose? lol "Wah waaaaaaah!"

Are you sure it's not a Christmas gift? Do you remember asking Santa for Ipods ?  :D

What's that sound that the Price is Right uses when you lose? lol "Wah waaaaaaah!"

hahahahahahahaha 25$ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883