UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

I'm glad some folks still have honesty.  Good on you mate.  You did the right thing, for all we know that was $90,000 in donated ipods for poor kids or something.

++karma > 450 ipods.

Another update: Apple contacted UPS, so just now UPS corporate called and a very nice woman said that the $25 gift card was simply all that the person who gave it to me was authorized to do (I guess they have free reign to give those out), but she wanted to buy me an iPod (Don't know if it's a Nano or what, but it's not important) and $250 iTunes gift card from my local Best Buy.

That seems pretty reasonable

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Another update: Apple contacted UPS, so just now UPS corporate called and a very nice woman said that the $25 gift card was simply all that the person who gave it to me was authorized to do (I guess they have free reign to give those out), but she wanted to buy me an iPod (Don't know if it's a Nano or what, but it's not important) and $250 iTunes gift card from my local Best Buy.

That's good to hear. I'd be happy getting that for doing the right thing.

Good on you, I'd be very tempted however. Maybe UPS will give you a little something if you end up speaking to the manager.

For those wondering, I am contacting people to get it straightened out and no, I'm not "keeping" any of them, I'm giving it back to them as it was given to me, with the box slightly opened, because I thought it was for me.

Darn, you could've used them to make an epic iPad giveaway here on LinusTechTips... You know, since Apple makes $182,789,000,000 a year, and some other people don't have the luck of being able to afford expensive stuff.

Or you could've donated all that money to charity.

Such a shame you decided to help the richest people in the world and forgot about the poor ones.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Darn, you could've used them to make an epic iPad giveaway here on LinusTechTips... You know, since Apple makes $182,789,000,000 a year, and some other people don't have the luck of being able to afford expensive stuff.

Or you could've donated all that money to charity.

Such a shame you decided to help the richest people in the world and forgot about the poor ones.

They're a rich company because they worked for it. Steve and co didn't get given the money for their company. I hate Apple as a company but you can not take it away from them; they've done well.

LTT giveaway? :P

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

If You Get 30 Thousand Dollars MAKE S BEASTLY COMPUTER WITH IOADJAIOHAWIFGUIAGAIFHAWIFGAUIFEGUGUWAFGSEUAFWUIAFGAUIFGWUIAGFUIGW GDARUDESFHSEFSEFSJKEFHSJKEHFSANDSTORMAWEFSEFSFSE

it could become the new most expensive pc on pcpartpicker i think the current one is 16000 or something like that

I've been to bookings twice here, sued the shit out of the NYPD .Sued my landlord because she said I cant smoke in the building staircase; whipped out a 30 page 2002 NYC smoking act PDF, and told her that until she does what's stated int he document I can smoke here and even if she does, until my lease is over I still can smoke in the hallway [fuck the people who complain].

Even got free rent for a few months because of her "harassment".

I don't mind the ride considering I'll be getting a fat settlement check afterwards. (My parents pay monthly for an awesome lawfirm)

I'm 21, 4.0 GPA, columbia, go to school for free, get 5k/semester cash for keeping my GPA (TY tax payers), and sue the shit out of people for fun.

Trust me, if you were a cop in texas, I can see why you're not one now.

Also NYC > United States. What goes on in texas does not go on in NYC; we're Superior to every state and city.

Also doesn't matter what state you're in; the the mail thing is a federal statute, it's sent to him, so it's his; doesn't matter if they made a mistake.

I doubt you where even part of a police department, you probably wore a diarrhea green shirt in a sheriffs office in a small town in the middle of nowhere that nobody knows the name of.

I always wondered why can sue someone for almost no reason like that? In almost every european country if you try to sue someone for obliviously no real reason it's unlikely to go to court but if it is you'd probably get some serious scolding from the judge for wasting his/her time, you'd have to pay the costs of the lawsuit and sometimes pay some fine for good measure.

Anyone I know would have kept them without a word, that's some honesty you've got there.

I don't see how keeping the items could be legal anywhere. What the fluff, it's obvious it was a mistake and it's obvious those goods where meant for someone else and were owned by someone else. If I tried to tell a judge "well I got them in the mail so they're mine now" he'd be like "don't bs me, it was a mistake and there's no way you didn't realise it", and that means bad faith, and that means theft, and that means jail.

Shame on everyone in this thread who says to keep them.

RIP to that person's job! UPS will definitely find em and fire them. You sure you don't wanna keep at least one?  

Make that two, I want one too. 

thats a crazy mess up on UPS behalf they owe you.

Well that sucks haha i wouldnt want a 250$ Itunes card xD

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I mean... In the states you're legally allowed to keep those... 

where did you see that and what would you do with  90k worth of apple?

Wow Just Wow!!

Horizontal In Theory, Vertical In Practice. Know Hope [Productions]
Design is not meant to be observed; it's to be enjoyed and interacted with. - JValen

Always Remember Love What You Do.  :lol:

That's pretty insane. I wouldn't even know what to do if that happened to me. It's good to hear that you decided to contact Amazon/UPS about it.

Wouldn't it be funny if they where all fake ......

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Lol

Amazon put $50 on my account for my honesty when we thought it was theirs, but I have a feeling UPS and Apple won't say anything, but I'm okay with that. I feel good doing the right thing here. I could have kept them, no one would have ever known, but in the end, they weren't mine.

You could've given every person on LTT an iPod yo.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

What would one do with $90,000 worth of ipod nanos..........

Ebay Description:

I'm selling these pod nanos because I accidently ordered a little too much.

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR