UPS Sends Me $90,000 in iPod Nanos

Vanderburg

Wow, what  a kind sir. And I think Linus put this on social media, i mean 122 users viewing ATM.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Good decision!

Make sure you don't keep them, and return them to their rightful owner. What kind of people takes advantage of this kind of stuff?

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

Good decision!

Make sure you don't keep them, and return them to their rightful owner. What kind of people takes advantage of this kind of stuff?

He's allowed to and UPS is a d*ck so why not xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

HOLY HELL

Dude................................

Thats some amazing stuff right there.

Nice on giving them back, I wouldn't have if it was legal to do so in my state.

If you did though, Apple would send the black choppers to kill you.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Pretty funny to see what $90,000 worth of Apple stuff looks like just in boxes, also love the idea of some guy having to deliver all this to someones house. 

Everybody's acting like the demon and the saint. It'll still be up to him if he decides to return it or not. Legality and Morality aside, let's just keep thinking what's right. Thumbs up and Kudos to you kind sir.

Let's put it in an example, what would it feel if your shipment went to another place and didn't return it without any insurance at all oh and not to mention it's worth morethan $100,000? :)))))))))))

Holy hell! Someone is getting fired over this one! At least it showed up at your door and not someone on the less honest side of things. Something like that happened to me once, The company the package was meant for was so grateful they gave me an item off the pallet as a thank you. It was about $300,000 in gaming laptops. Made a sick birthday present for my buddy thats a little less fortunate on the pc side of things then myself xD

i ain't gettin fired bro :P

Good on you OP.; Alot of people wouldn't have done what you done. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I'm so jealous :x. I would have sat on my ass for like a month with them after them I would of sold them.. Put like £50k in savings and started renting my own place ;-;. I know it'd totally be kinda stealing by not reporting it but you know when you ain't rich and a £90k head-start on life would really be nice. 

WORLD PLEASE SWING SOME LUCK MY WAY.

P.S. Don't mind me.. just fantasizing about getting a sh*t tonne of money for doing nothing.

P.P.S I hope you're rich/well off. Being a 'good man' doesn't always help you out in life in the financial sense.

Giveaway?

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I mean... In the states you're legally allowed to keep those... 

No you're not. It's clearly a mistake.

You could have done a LTT giveaway.. like give a half of them and sell the rest :D now that would've been awesome

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

HOLY FUCK

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

HOLY FUCK

Exactly what i said.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

No you're not. It's clearly a mistake.

OP's name was on the box. It's his property now. 

That's a lot of iPod's. Worthless at best but I would have given them away to the homeless and less fortunate. Everyone deserves to jam out to music :D.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

That's a lot of iPod's. Worthless at best but I would have given them away to the homeless and less fortunate. Everyone deserves to jam out to music :D.

That would be a waste. You can't put music on them without itunes on a computer. You could sell them and donate the profits though. 

What did you say, you are doing an iPod Nano Giveaway on Linus forums ? Awesome :P

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

Why is this thread still crazzy popular? 108 users viewing.

I mean... In the states you're legally allowed to keep those... 

You're only allowed to keep them for a valid reason if I am not mistaken. It is how it works in most countries. You have no obligation to do anything about it though, you don't have to inform anyone and if no one demands them back then you can keep them.

EDIT: Actually, if his name is on the box then idk if there is an exception.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

There are 101 boxes with 6 iPod Nano 7th generations inside, for 606 iPods, at $150 each is... a lot of money. I first called Amazon to tell them they screwed up, but turns out, it was UPS.

For those wondering, I am contacting people to get it straightened out and no, I'm not "keeping" any of them, I'm giving it back to them as it was given to me, with the box slightly opened, because I thought it was for me.

I'm not "keeping" any of them, I'm giving it back to them..

"...I'm giving it back to them.."

peter-griffin-funny-face-790.jpg

Details separate people.

Can I have one?