newbie help: 2 pumps & 2 reservoirs ok?

Hi everyone.  I'm new to custom water-cooling and want to run something by you.  I'm planning out my build and I'm building it all in a 900D chassis - just driving me nuts waiting for it to arrive.  Paid in February and still not here and it's the middle of June!!!  NCIX Canada is last on the list apparently  :(

XSPC Raystorm kit 750 RX360

XSPC GTX 680 block

XSPC EX360 rad

Anyway I went and ordered an XSPC Raystorm 750 RX360 kit (non-refundable).  I like the way the CPU block has the acrylic surrounds with LED's.  The kit comes with a great Rad but the pump is a bit questionable.  I did verify it is the version 4 which has been vastly improved and uses the dual bay integrated pump combo.  Since I'm more cautious with my build I wanted to get the MCP655 by Swiftech for redundancy but I also wanted to add a large cylindrical EK 400 reservoir since the 900D has so much ample room.  Am I able to run this without any issues??  I know that running just the 2 pumps will be just fine but the 2nd reservoir is what worries me.

Can i fill the XSPC res/pump combo full and then have the air/bleed capabilities on the EK reservoir??

Here is what I was thinking:

XSPC pump/res > RX360 rad > CPU > VGA block > MCP655 > EK res > EX360 rad > XSPC pump/res

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Without going into the details of why you are doing this. Yes you can.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Without going into the details of why you are doing this. Yes you can.

Ok great! Any tips on filling up the loop? I shouldn't have bought the XSPC kit without doing more research.

Why 2-pumps?

MCP655 is not nessesary.

I would stay whit XSPC combo.

In case the XSPC pump fails

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Ok great! Any tips on filling up the loop? I shouldn't have bought the XSPC kit without doing more research.

In case the XSPC pump fails

If XSPC fails you will notice it when your computer turns of.

If XSPC fails you will notice it when your computer turns of.

I wouldn't count on that. If the water flow stops completely then the CPU could overheat very fast, maybe even damage itself before it throttles itself. Also the computer would be out of service until the next pump arrives and the whole loop is re-assembled.

I should add that any Laing D5 pump is fine. There's nothing special at all about the MCP655.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I wouldn't count on that. If the water flow stops completely then the CPU could overheat very fast, maybe even damage itself before it throttles itself. Also the computer would be out of service until the next pump arrives and the whole loop is re-assembled.

I should add that any Laing D5 pump is fine. There's nothing special at all about the MCP655.

Then i must ask that can i do this:(link), if i buy cheapest pump and put it after res?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/27692-custom-loop-question/#entry351947

Then i must ask that can i do this:(link), if i buy cheapest pump and put it after res?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/27692-custom-loop-question/#entry351947

Yes. The other pump might be loud though. If you plan to do that then get a DDC.

At that point you wouldn't need the D5 anyway because the DDC is powerful enough on its own so you could do away with the D5 completely. Problem solved?

Yes. The other pump might be loud though. If you plan to do that then get a DDC.

At that point you wouldn't need the D5 anyway because the DDC is powerful enough on its own so you could do away with the D5 completely. Problem solved?

Yes. :)

So I was informed that my case is coming in tomorrow (FINALLY!!). I'm going to try it with just the XSPC pump only to see how it works out! I will take pics. Thanks for the input so far.