best PC speaker set up for 350$

Darkinstinct

Need to figure out the best sounding speaker set up possible to go with the new Rig im building in 2 weeks. I have no idea what good brands are or what good prices would be when it comes to audio so please if you have suggestions i would be very happy to see/hear them, I live in the US.

What kind of setup are you looking for 2, 2.1, 5.1?

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

I'd got with the Audioengine A2+ or A5+

Just saying that because I think Linus gave them quite some praise within the speaker set of videos LMG did. 

I'll be back with YT vids. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

What kind of setup are you looking for 2, 2.1, 5

At the cost of sounding stupid im going to admit i dont know the advantage of any of those, I know I dont need surround sound unless its wireless speakers for the satellite ones , this is going to be a computer used for Gaming/movies/music so its a wide range of sound signatures.

I dont have a TV so thats why im trying to get a really worth the money sound set up because this is going to be used for all my entertainment products.

Just saying that because I think Linus gave them quite some praise within the speaker set of videos LMG did. 

happen to have a link for those? >.<

Right, here they all are:

I have no idea where the 3rd video went lol... It's not in the audio playlist.  

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

These Rokits are good if you want a very neutral/flat sound. They're a good deal right now on Massdrop (need to sign in to view deal).

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/krk-rockit-6-monitor

It's $150 per monitor so you'll need 2. Audioengines are good too. 

my friend corsair gaming audio speaker on my friend rig and it sound very good

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

dude, linus doesn't know jack shit about audio. 

dude, linus doesn't know jack shit about audio. 

Well I haven't experience with audio products (I've had a crappy "gaming" headset and Beats speakers on a laptop), so I take Linus' opinion who has extensive experience with all ranges of tech, as quite a reputable source. 

ooooo~ those A5+ look really compelling

That's why I recommended them ;D

That's why I recommended them ;D

that 400$ price tag hurts though, i suppose for someone thats only ever had some cheap 25 dollar Cyber acoustics I cant really say if they are worth the money or not but thats the whole point of coming to the forums, its a bit odd though that they are so much more expensive without a subwoofer since my 25 dollars CS's have a SUB lol

that 400$ price tag hurts though, i suppose for someone thats only ever had some cheap 25 dollar Cyber acoustics I cant really say if they are worth the money or not but thats the whole point of coming to the forums, its a bit odd though that they are so much more expensive without a subwoofer since my 25 dollars CS's have a SUB lol

I really have no experience or knowledge when it comes to speakers, but if the A5+s are out of your price range then maybe the A2+s would be a better choice. 

I really have no experience or knowledge when it comes to speakers, but if the A5+s are out of your price range then maybe the A2+s would be a better choice. 

that back mounted volume dial is totally stupid lol, Looking at the bose ones before the A2+'s lol

these YUMI's sound pretty awesome because of the optical in's also.... hmmm wish someone super experienced in sound quality would join in on this post haha

That sub on your $25 speakers doesn't really do anything. It's just there so it can say it has a sub. Quality subs are $300+. At your price point, don't bother with a sub. A 2.0 system will have enough bass for most people. If you want something cheaper then I suggest a Lepai 2020A+ amp and passive bookshelf speakers. 

These would do nicely

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSi100-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00192KF12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419837887&sr=8-1&keywords=polk+bookshelf+speakers

If you want to lift the roof of your house, go for the Logitech Z906 5.1 channel THX-certified speaker system.  It is AMAZING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkTNmOtx48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rik_QmJj-H8

Around $330+ - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-speakers-980000467

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

If you want to lift the roof of your house, go for the Logitech Z906 5.1 channel THX-certified speaker system.  It is AMAZING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkTNmOtx48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rik_QmJj-H8

Around $330+ - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-speakers-980000467

wow that is pretty cool, but hows the actual audio? lots of bass doesnt mean good sound lol

That sub on your $25 speakers doesn't really do anything. It's just there so it can say it has a sub. Quality subs are $300+. At your price point, don't bother with a sub. A 2.0 system will have enough bass for most people. If you want something cheaper then I suggest a Lepai 2020A+ amp and passive bookshelf speakers. 

These would do nicely

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSi100-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00192KF12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419837887&sr=8-1&keywords=polk+bookshelf+speakers

thats good to know, thanks for informing me :) those polks look cool but are they meant to be used with a mix/dac im guessing they are from the lack of volume control, any suggestions on a set up using them?

wow that is pretty cool, but hows the actual audio? lots of bass doesnt mean good sound lol

Fully agree with you, too much bass can be very annoying. The overall sound is superb.  You can adjust anything using the remote - treble, bass, balance, effects, inputs, etc. etc.

It can go so loud that people in your neighborhood will complain :ph34r: (Note: I'm not saying loud = better quality)

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)