Man buys a PS4 from Walmart, gets a box of rocks instead

Bloodyvalley

This entire forum is satire. Fuck it, I'm leaving.

You gave up so early, soldier? Go back to training camp!

Meh, rocks are probably still a better gaming machine.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

The main exception here is that once it's been opened and used it can't be resold as new, so there are issues then.  Awesome rules in Sweden though. :D

Although to be fair there are exceptions, and it always depends on the type of item here.

I don't think it's a law but the store I bought my camera from offers it. Pretty sure some stores does it just to stay competitive as well.

Pretty sure opened products don't get resold as new here either, but the amount of customers who actually buy an ~800+ dollar product and then go "nahh I don't want this after all" is probably really low so they are okay with selling those as open box.

Not sure about you, but I don't open the presents I buy for people.

+1 to that. 

At least it wasn't for a 5yo who still  believe in Santa... That would have been terrible.

* Opening present * 

- A PS4 !? Oh my god thank you Santa !! 

* Opening the box * 

- WTF Santa ? 

Next time I buy a gift, I'll open it and try it for a at least a month to make sure  everything is fine :P

Again with the console bashing? Why am I not surprised.

Some people here are exceptionally insecure about platforms and what they like to use. Its pretty pathetic, isn't it? Especially on topics that don't really need it. 

Oh that's a shame. Here in Sweden we can pretty much return anything. When I bought my DSLR the sales guy said I could return it and get my money back if I returned it within 30 days, even if I opened and used it.

Here its a 14-30 day thing. Computers and such tend to be closer to 14 days, but some stores have a firm 60-90 day return period on everything. It varies a lot. 

Either he scammed the store, or the guy who returned it did. But it does make you wonder, why dont they make sure, they actually check return items, before selling?

Its a common mistake in Denmark atleast, that we end up with **brand new*' cellphones, with nudes of someone else, etc.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Anyone else here gonna blame the buyer because i dont know not checking the god damn thing?

Id be blaming the store for not checking the item when it was returned! I mean really! You don't check to make sure everything is there?!?!?!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Mods, this isn't tech news and it isn't interesting to see the forum become a bashing ground for a device they choose not to like.

Mods, this isn't tech news and it isn't interesting to see the forum become a bashing ground for a device they choose not to like.

While I agree with your second point: It's goddamn annoying to see the #PCMasterRace douchebags out in force on every "console" related thread, I disagree about your first point.

This is tech news. It's just as much tech news as anything else around here. Why is it not tech news?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

While I agree with your second point: It's goddamn annoying to see the #PCMasterRace douchebags out in force on every "console" related thread, I disagree about your first point.

This is tech news. It's just as much tech news as anything else around here. Why is it not tech news?

Someone stole a ps4. So what? Phones are stolen every day. It's about as news worthy as the guy who was sent all the ipad nanos, but his story was correctly posted in General Discussion

The main exception here is that once it's been opened and used it can't be resold as new, so there are issues then.  Awesome rules in Sweden though. :D

Although to be fair there are exceptions, and it always depends on the type of item here.

I'm also from Sweden. I got a PSU that was DOA which I only noticed after a few days after opening (but before I actually used it) and I had no issue switching that PSU for a new one

Now the flood of people social engineering shops saying they got rocks inside in 3, 2, 1...

Someone stole a ps4. So what? Phones are stolen every day. It's about as news worthy as the guy who was sent all the ipad nanos, but his story was correctly posted in General Discussion

Just because you don't care, and that "stolen PS4's" happen "all the time", does not mean others do not care or find this interesting.

What makes this news is the rarity on how it actually happens, and the hilarity of opening a PS4 box and finding a couple sacks of rocks.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

can it run Crysis ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Fake and gay 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I remember when we returned our 40GB PS3 for a 80GB model (The day after release) they checked to make sure that it was not a bag of rocks. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

This thread is awful.

Apparently PC components can't, too, be replaced with rocks and then returned to the seller. Because there totally haven't been instances before where someone bought a £500 graphics card, just to find it had been replaced with a brick or a £15 graphics card instead.

Oh wait.

Maybe I'll dig up articles where that has happened with PC components and then spam "LE CONSOLEMASTERRACE XDDDDD", but only a pleb would do such a thing.

That honestly sucks for tgem. Though it really is a funny story.

Apparently PC components can't, too, be replaced with rocks and then returned to the seller. Because there totally haven't been instances before where someone bought a £500 graphics card, just to find it had been replaced with a brick or a £15 graphics card instead.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Idort.

Look, guys, it may look funny, but that does not means that the buyer deserves it. This is a mere deflection of concern, essentially an attitude of "this will never happen to me". That is something that you would expect teenagers to say, which speaks volumes about you immaturity in this situation. At any time, short of notice, you would get a box for a GPU or monitor that is filled with sand and dirt, where the part should be. In this scenario, would you really be laughing at the matter? I doubt it.

And this PCMR nonsense wasn't even funny the first time. To be frank, you need to grow the hell up! We are men here, and we should act like so.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Probably because I used to room with one that would not except and clear and undeniable factual evidence that consoles are inferior. I now tag him anytime I link videos showcasing just how bad consoles are, on facebook. Just to irritate him.

What clear and factual evidence? All you PCMR thugs do is post cherry-picked benchmarks from fake, non-existent graphics units and CPUs that could never even compare to the PS3 CELL processor, much less the PS4. Look, we console peasants know you PC people must have the biggest e-peen to be satisfied since you can't get any intimate action with another human being. You're just that inherently inferior to basic humans, let alone console game players.

You can keep your low-res textures and false 60fps frame rates BS to yourselves. The PS3 was used to build a top-500 supercomputer and you just can't get over the fact consoles are built with the best hardware even Intel cannot afford. But no, do go on about how consoles are inferior and holding the gaming world back as you usually do. The truth is it's you PC idiots buying junk hardware and calling it top-end that holds the industry back. Ubisoft has incredible developers and programmers, and sorry, your 5960X and GTX 980 just aren't as good as a PS4. Sorry, they're not. Have a good day.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

What clear and factual evidence? All you PCMR thugs do is post cherry-picked benchmarks from fake, non-existent graphics units and CPUs that could never even compare to the PS3 CELL processor, much less the PS4. Look, we console peasants know you PC people must have the biggest e-peen to be satisfied since you can't get any intimate action with another human being. You're just that inherently inferior to basic humans, let alone console game players.

You can keep your low-res textures and false 60fps frame rates BS to yourselves. The PS3 was used to build a top-500 supercomputer and you just can't get over the fact consoles are built with the best hardware even Intel cannot afford. But no, do go on about how consoles are inferior and holding the gaming world back as you usually do. The truth is it's you PC idiots buying junk hardware and calling it top-end that holds the industry back. Ubisoft has incredible developers and programmers, and sorry, your 5960X and GTX 980 just aren't as good as a PS4. Sorry, they're not. Have a good day.

Yeah this kid couldn't even come up with that level of fake BS. Instead it was the usual. "res is just a number, you can't see more than 24 fps, exclusives, controllers are better, you need a $2000 rig to play games, there are more games for consoles, etc:

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs