Man buys a PS4 from Walmart, gets a box of rocks instead

Bloodyvalley

This entire forum is satire. Fuck it, I'm leaving.

well that escalated quickly

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I ordered some rocks for my garden and I got a PS4. I was so pissed. :angry:

More like "Whale Cum"

i just had to

Whale crap can make you rich, seriously. I'm not joking. B)

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I think it's far more likely that he's lying than it is wal-mart accepted a return on the original ps4 without opening the box.  I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't standard policy.  You certainly wouldn't re-sell a return without checking it.

I work at Sam's Club, and I've seen cashiers accept returns because "the box had enough weight that it felt right," to which, I take the box and check for them.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I honestly think that he could have bought it, kept the PS4, filled the box with rocks, and said he got it that way.

on the other hand he did buy an open box but I definitely see this as a possibility.

but giving him the benefit of the doubt: sorry brah, it happens.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

They aren't even current dude, they're more than 5 years behind.

I know, the hardware is -6 years but they are the current conslows.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This could simply be someone trying to rip off Walmart by replacing the PS4 with some bags of rocks and contacting some news outlets to put pressure on Walmart.

This could be a genius returning a "PS4" and basically stealing several hundred dollars from Walmart (super risky, I wouldn't try it. Whole thing banks on them not checking the returned and obviously opened product before restocking it).

This could be underpaid Walmart employees not caring enough to check the PS4 being returned.

I'd've put some potatoes in there myself. Also, it amuses me that this happened in my city, but I'm sure this happens everywhere all the time.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

He got an upgrade!

Indie Rock-observation game has never looked so real!

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

This doesn't surprise me. I was browsing through the wiper blades at Walmart and saw someones old wiper blades in a box. Box was see through and the cashier still didn't notice.

I think it's far more likely that he's lying than it is wal-mart accepted a return on the original ps4 without opening the box.  I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't standard policy.  You certainly wouldn't re-sell a return without checking it.

I've bought a used game from Futureshop before. They claim the games are all tested, cleaned, and repackaged by experts before being sold, but they somehow seemed to screw up the first basic fundamental task, which was to make sure the (right) game was actually in the case. It wasn't the right game inside. I guess it isn't as bad as getting nothing but I thought it was sorta funny and ironic how their "experts" failed the first step. I ended up getting a refund. 

Anyone else here gonna blame the buyer because i dont know not checking the god damn thing?

Not sure about you, but I don't open the presents I buy for people.

You really have a deep hatred for console players.

Probably because I used to room with one that would not except and clear and undeniable factual evidence that consoles are inferior. I now tag him anytime I link videos showcasing just how bad consoles are, on facebook. Just to irritate him.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not sure about you, but I don't open the presents I buy for people.

That and I don't know about USA stores, but in Ireland you're going to have one hell of a time returning an opened item anyway unless it was DAO or proof that it was damaged when opened the first time.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

That and I don't know about USA stores, but in Ireland you're going to have one hell of a time returning an opened item anyway unless it was DAO or proof that it was damaged when opened the first time.

Oh that's a shame. Here in Sweden we can pretty much return anything. When I bought my DSLR the sales guy said I could return it and get my money back if I returned it within 30 days, even if I opened and used it.

Oh that's a shame. Here in Sweden we can pretty much return anything. When I bought my DSLR the sales guy said I could return it and get my money back if I returned it within 30 days, even if I opened and used it.

The main exception here is that once it's been opened and used it can't be resold as new, so there are issues then.  Awesome rules in Sweden though. :D

Although to be fair there are exceptions, and it always depends on the type of item here.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I feel sorry for the guy if it's real, as he's been scammed hard by the guy who previously returned it due to the fact supermarkets barely ever check returned items and just return them to the shelf.

Proof of this is the time one guy took back a bottle of beer on four seperate occasions to the same supermarket, and the people who bought those bottles discovered that they contained water. Not beer.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Bye. Nobody really cares about your announcement.

As for the buyer, that is really terrible. And the fact that Walmart was being a cunt makes it even worse. But I do feel that he should have attempted to check it before leaving since it was open before he bought it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

"box of rocks"

So a PS4 then.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

And satire is bad why?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

That was a rock solid deal.

Can't believe no ones been there yet, my faith in this forums satire abilities just took a hit :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Again with the console bashing? Why am I not surprised.

Leave it to the "pc master race group" to totally derail a topic... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i