Man buys a PS4 from Walmart, gets a box of rocks instead

Bloodyvalley
Igor Baksht purchased a PlayStation 4 console last Friday at a Denver Walmart as a Christmas present for his 13-year-old niece. The store employee informed him that the Grand Theft Auto V bundle had previously been returned. Baksht purchased the gaming system anyway, took it home and before he wrapped it he checked the contents. That’s when Mr. Baksht (I’m sure awful kids never teased him about shitty last name when he was young) discovered that instead of a PS4 there was a two bags of rocks that were wrapped like a brick of drugs. It would have been a great gag for one of those Jimmy Kimmel skits where he fucks with kids, but probably not a great idea if you paid $400 for rocks.

The store where he purchased his Flintstones edition of the PS4 was already closed when he made his sad discovery, so he went to a 24-hour Walmart and tried to return it there. The store did not accept the box of rocks. I could be wrong, but I believe Walmart’s slogan is, “Always Low Prices (But that’s because it might be a box of rocks).”

On the morning of Saturday, December 20 he attempted to return his heavy PS4 to the original store it was purchased from, but they too would not exchange his PS4. He then called the store multiple times, but each time he was denied. He even called Walmart’s corporate offices. Finally, on Christmas Eve, the store manager called Baksht and informed him that he could get reimbursed for the horrible purchase.

Meanwhile the box of rocks would have connected to the Playstation Network just as well as the PS4 because the online service was not working after the hacker group “Lizard Squad” took down the PSN.

playstation-4-rocks.jpg?resize=640%2C416

I don't know how to react to this. Is it karma for buying a PS4 or just ironic?

Source

I don't see the problem. Aren't the rocks equal to the performance of these "next gen" consoles?

I heard you could water cool them !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Anyone else here gonna blame the buyer because i dont know not checking the god damn thing?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

dayum I wish it had been potatoes instead

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Well that's about on par with how well consoles perform.

SHOTS FIRED!

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

dayum I wish it had been potatoes instead

Haha, I know right. Sucks that Walmart will probably not let him return it.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I think it's far more likely that he's lying than it is wal-mart accepted a return on the original ps4 without opening the box.  I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't standard policy.  You certainly wouldn't re-sell a return without checking it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

HAH. Nice.

hX4zcbg.png

omfg ! this is my new wallpaper ! this si so cool xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

This entire forum is satire. Fuck it, I'm leaving.

Welcome to the internet?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This was supposed to be a gift for a 13 year old girl, don't be such assholes, guys.

Is this a site on par with Onion? I'm gonna say yes and it needs to GTFO the news section. Even if there is a legit video, this is a terrible source.

no compassion from anyone here. jesus christ. its an awful situation

No it isn't. Assuming the source is even legit, and I have doubts, it says at the end that the manager contacted him for a refund.

Anyone else here gonna blame the buyer because i dont know not checking the god damn thing?

Ignoring the possibility that he is just lying and basically got a free PS4 (and also ignoring that a PS4 might be a bit heavy for a 13 year old girl? Didn't anyone else see the "GTAV bundle"-thing?) - do you open every box at the store?

True, he has been warned about the PS4 being returned before, but aren't the people who take it back supposed to check the item before selling it again?

I honestly believe he already got the real PS4 and tried to scam the store into giving him another one. Come on..If you buy any electronics off the shelves, don't you ever open the box to check its content right after you paid for it? What's more with a thing that cost that much. I would at least check to see the power cable that included or even test it out to see if everything works fine.

Welcome to the internet?

More like "Whale Cum"

i just had to

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I don't see the problem. Aren't the rocks equal to the performance of these "next gen" consoles?

I know you are being sarcastic but every time I see those words...

Fuck how long are they going to be "next gen"  :angry:

They are current the moment they first hit store shelves!!!

People will probably still call them "next gen" when future conslows are out, the'll just call those "new next gen" just stop!!!

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I know you are being sarcastic but every time I see those words...

Fuck how long are they going to be "next gen"  :angry:

They are current the moment they first hit store shelves!!!

People will probably still call them "next gen" when future conslows are out, the'll just call those "new next gen" just stop!!!

They aren't even current dude, they're more than 5 years behind.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs