Project [NoName], watercooled Mini-ITX build

Markkedi

Hello everybody!

This is my first post&build in here and I'm glad this forum is up! For this build I got sponsored by BitFenix and Finnish Jimm's PC Store :) But money is still tight but it will only slow me down a little :)
I am making the case from scratch and i'm using mainly aluminium or stainless steel.

Managed to make my first time sketchup with the components and this is how the parts will align in the case.

Current plans (Added 28.4.2013)
Plan.jpg?img=img900

Plans can be found in Here

After a day or so i learned how to make parts in SketchUp and managed to do these

Kotelo2.png?img=img900
Kotelo.png?img=img900

A week went by and i was able to start this project in workshop where i have helped them with computers and in return i can use their facilities, machines etc. :D

I decided to use 2.5mm aluminium for this project (This is going to be a bad decision as we notice later on) . I cut 40mm wide strips and press them into right angle and also made motherboard tray and one other plain sheet.

IMG_6084.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6085.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6086.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6095.jpg?img=img900

And yesterday I supposed to weld everything together but as I looked the machine closer it appeared to be a DC tig! I tried to get it working by just changing ground to - position but no luck there. If you didn't know, for welding aluminium tig needs to be AC so it can break the aluminium oxide layer that has melting point of 2000 °C and aluminium in common has melting point of around 600 °C . So I couldn't break that oxide layer and that means no welding with that thing. Tomorrow I'll see if I can do anything with aluminium mig and if there's no luck I'm changing material to stainless steel.

While thinking off my enigma I drilled and tapped the motherboard tray. Hole is 3mm and thread 3.5mm.

IMG_6115.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6117.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6119.jpg?img=img900

And at the end of my opening post I'll put a list of all the parts that I'm getting

Components Getting myself unless I get a sponsor :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (Got it)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi ? (Coming)
Ram: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 1600Mhz (Sponsored)
GPU: Gigabyte HD 7950 3Gb Windforce (Not yet)
PSU: Super Flower Golden King Platinum 550w (Got it)
SSD: Two Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB in Raid0 (Sponsored)

Sound card: Asus D2X (Got it)

From BitFenix (Sponsor) Freebies

BitFenix Recon 5,25 Fan Control panel - Black
BitFenix 8-Pin EPS12V 45cm - sleeved red/black
BitFenix 8-Pin EPS12V 45cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix 24-Pin ATX 30cm - sleeved red/red
BitFenix 24-Pin ATX 30cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix Molex to SATA Adapter 45 cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix Molex to SATA Adapter 45 cm - sleeved red/black
BitFenix Molex to 3x Molex Adapter 55cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix Molex to 3x Molex Adapter 55cm - sleeved red/black
BitFenix 6-Pin PCIe 45cm - sleeved red/black
BitFenix 6-Pin PCIe 45cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix 8-Pin PCIe 45cm - sleeved red/black
BitFenix 8-Pin PCIe 45cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix 2-Pin I/O-Panel 30cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix 2-Pin I/O-Panel 30cm - sleeved red/black
BitFenix SATA 3 Cable 30cm - sleeved black/black
BitFenix Alchemy Connect 6x LED-Strip 12cm - red x3
BitFenix Alchemy Connect 15x LED-Strip 30cm - red x3

Watercooling stuff Got a deal from Jimm's PC Store for these @ 500€

_full.jpg

Thanks to

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

For sponsoring this project

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the package that i received from BitFenix right before christmas :D I got all of my cables, led's and fan controller.

And this is what there was

Loads of cables, two of each to be exact and reason is in the last picture.

IMG_5981.jpg?img=img900

Led's should give a nice touch for the case in low light.

IMG_5987.jpg?img=img900

And the reason for having two of each cable was that I wanted to make cables better looking by making them red&black instead of them being single colored :)

IMG_6008.jpg?img=img900

I'll continue this tomorrow when I get back to workshop so let me know if you want more pictures of something specific.

Looking forward to see the finished build.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Talk about DIY O_o.

I want to do this one day, I just don't have the money, nor the facilities!

I'll stay updated on this

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Jimm's PC Store <3

Sadly they're not here in Helsinki anymore.

Onnee tän kaa, toivottavasti kaikki sujuu ongelmitta.

Looking forward to see the finished build.
If that would've been intentional, which I doubt it, it would've been a great pun. As the OP being "Finnish".

Thanks for support guys! This day was a complete waste of time and its not looking good for aluminium. Mig didn't work well for thin aluminium like this, tested that 4mm would been fine. Also there isn't any 1.5-2mm stainless steel around so if I can't find AC tig for monday I probably need to buy a whole sheet of that stuff :mad: Or if I can accept 3mm stainless steel in my mind :(

Looking good so far.. Cant wait to see it finished.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Talk about DIY O_o.

I want to do this one day, I just don't have the money, nor the facilities!

I'll stay updated on this

Yeah, got bored to mod normal cases so decided to make my own. Money is really tight for me too and that's why I'm trying to get sponsors so ETA won't be in Summer 2043 :D

Awesome work! Like everyone else Im excited to see the finished product.

That's one of the best sketches I've ever seen, engineering major? ha

That's one of the best sketches I've ever seen, engineering major? ha
futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcastic-or-genuine-compliment-f9782f.jpg

Thanks...I guess? Its just a quick & rough plan to get better measurements than guessing everything :) But I appreciate your compliment!

edit: guess the images doesn't work that well

BTW, I was wondering, are you peoples interested in knowing the price of these kinds projects? The whole sum and specific price of different kinds of steps? Or is this some kind of taboo because I haven't seen any prices of these kind of projects and I'd like to know these kind of things :)

BTW' date=' I was wondering, are you peoples interested in knowing the price of these kinds projects? The whole sum and specific price of different kinds of steps? Or is this some kind of taboo because I haven't seen any prices of these kind of projects and I'd like to know these kind of things :)[/quote']On most forums that include a build-log section normally no one states the total price of their builds. I guess if you want to, there is no reason why you shouldn't though. That said, the money that goes into a project like this is minuscule compared to the time spent and necessary skill involved. It is kind of a meaningless measurement when it comes to custom build-logs.

Also, I really like where this build is going! Can't wait to see the final product!

This looks very cool. Can't wait for to see this "Finnished"!

Edit: Looks like I was ninja'd to that fine pun.

Those sketchup picks are awesome. Can't wait to see the finished project on this.

Thank you all for kind words! :) Had a small kitchen sink & dishwasher compatibility issues and whole plumbing came down under the sink :D So haven't done nothing towards the build today and tomorrow shall follow this very same plan :(

BTW' date=' I was wondering, are you peoples interested in knowing the price of these kinds projects? The whole sum and specific price of different kinds of steps? Or is this some kind of taboo because I haven't seen any prices of these kind of projects and I'd like to know these kind of things :)[/quote']On most forums that include a build-log section normally no one states the total price of their builds. I guess if you want to, there is no reason why you shouldn't though. That said, the money that goes into a project like this is minuscule compared to the time spent and necessary skill involved. It is kind of a meaningless measurement when it comes to custom build-logs.

Also, I really like where this build is going! Can't wait to see the final product!

Yeah I was just thinking of those who have the skills to do these builds but are in small budgets :) But also the regional differences in prices are probably one reason too why figures would be quite meaningless in international forums :)

Wow, looks awesome, i want to build a rig like that, but atm I dont have the budget :(

looking forward to the temps and wiring, from the pics it looks like its going to be really crowded with all thosewires. any tricks up your sleeve? :)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition