Air Cooling enough?

raymen1
Go to solution Solved by Elven,

Heya,

Yeah should be fine for cooling. The temps should be reasonable and if you wanna liquid cool it later down the line. You might be able to squeeze a bit more performance out of it.

Elven

I will be buying the new 4770K and I already use a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 for my current CPU and my question is: Will this cooler be enough for the new intel CPU (Gaming like crazy!)? Will I be able to overclock it with this cooler? I will buy water cooling in the future but i wanted to know this in order to Overclock it or not, or event not buy it until I get water cooling. (We are not counting other things such as the case or other fans, just this one mentioned)

"Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see"

- Angel | Theory Of A Deadman

Heya,

Yeah should be fine for cooling. The temps should be reasonable and if you wanna liquid cool it later down the line. You might be able to squeeze a bit more performance out of it.

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

I have the same exact cooler in my system and I think it will be more than enough for a mild overclock. It really performs good while being silent :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Ya it will be fine and you could do a decent OC depending on how good your chip is.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"