Drangleic - The Dark Souls thread

4WBv5hQ.jpg

Welcome to the Dark souls thread. I know the title has the setting of the second game's name in it. But DS1 stuff is welcome as well.

Decided to start this after some great moments while playing the game.

So come on in^^ Sit by the bonfire and share your funny,epic or frustrating stories or ask/give tips on how to defeat a specific boss.

76e9OZX.jpg

My first story + A bit of a tip.

I spent a long while trying to defeat The Pursuer In his second spot

And after a while i notice the ballistae in the area. But i can't seem to get enough time during the fight to get a shot in.

So i get killed about a bajillion times more before a little summoning sign appears on the ground outside.

I summoned the guy and it turned out to be a knight, much like myself. And his name was Rufus.

We looked at each other and then we went through the mist. The second we emerged on the other side the pursuer was attacking. 
Thankfully he started attacking Rufus so i could slip past. And even while he was being beaten like a drum Rufus noticed what i was planning.
He lured the pursuer over into the firing line of one of the ballistae. And as the pursuer readied his final strike on Rufus i managed to pull the trigger.

The bolt hit him right on time and it took him down immediately :) . But this is not the greatest part.
We ran up to each other and there was a slight pause as we navigated to the gesture menu. And then..

We both chose the "Point forward" gesture and that ended up looking like a fist bump xD Too damn perfect.

After this i leveled up my character, Ported to Heide's tower of flame and felt good about myself, Made my way up to the Cathedral of blue.

And promptly got my arse handed to me by the Old Dragonslayer..  A most humbling experience..

Anyway. Let's see if this takes off^^ I've seen a few dark souls players around so i wouldn't be surprised :)

s2WQ8tk.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Reserved for possible bossfight tutorials

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Ah, I remember those days helping people defeat the mighty pursuer.

The joy of dancing around every slash and chiping away at the pursuer,

then the burning sensation of betrayal as the other phantom kills you

with the ballista moments before the finishing blow.

Ah, I remember those days helping people defeat the mighty pursuer.

The joy of dancing around every slash and chiping away at the pursuer,

then the burning sensation of betrayal as the other phantom kills you

with the ballista moments before the finishing blow.

Thankfully he was just out of range when the bolt hit the boss. I would've felt soo bad if it had hit him xD

I had a set of knight armor on and a bastard sword so i was slow rolling.. The pursuer is pretty fast for such a big guy  -_-

Oh hell yeah! I may not have played Dark should but I've spent hours watching the lore videos and multiplayer trolling videos.

Hell I was just watching some of the videos yesterday. I need to buy me the game...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Oh hell yeah! I may not have played Dark should but I've spent hours watching the lore videos and multiplayer trolling videos.

Hell I was just watching some of the videos yesterday. I need to buy me the game...

The multiplayer is the best part of the game^^ Just a few minutes ago i invaded some poor sods world and followed him for a while. And then i smacked him about a bit before killing him with a backhand slap xD

I'd suggest waiting for a while to see if it's on sale at some point. Or if the DX11 version is better 

• 1 month later...

Damn this thread hasn't really caught on eh? This is unfortunate seeing how Dark Souls has a amazing story with so many unanswered stories... 

sample_796664d8322232bae57706d7d004445bd

Light the flame!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Oh sweet, Dark Souls! I just got into DS1 a couple months back, what a great game. Bought it for $5 last Summer's Steam sale and never got around to playing it until recently (it was pretty obvious within 5 minutes with KB/M that I needed to buy a 360 controller USB dongle :lol:). Now I am playing through NG+7 before the new dx11 update for DS2 comes out (haven't purchased DS2 yet).

Here is a screenshot of one of my characters in Anor Londo, she's ready to slice up a gargoyle and show those damn silver knights who's boss!

DS1-1_zpssausyqlh.jpg

I was so bad at this game to start, but once I got into it the gameplay became addictive. I figure I could now plow through NG from start to finish in an afternoon without the master key if it came down to it :)

Damn this thread hasn't really caught on eh? This is unfortunate seeing how Dark Souls has a amazing story with so many unanswered stories... 

Light the flame!

That look on her face is how I felt when I met those skele-dogs in the Tomb of the Giants for the first time. The 2cm light radius and those assholes gave me the first true "are you kidding me" moments of DS1. Luckily for me (on my first play through) I had more than just what looks like a spider shield, some crimson armor, and an estoc to take those things head on :)

Fun thread, I can't wait to play DS2!

Oh sweet, Dark Souls! I just got into DS1 a couple months back, what a great game. Bought it for $5 last Summer's Steam sale and never got around to playing it until recently (it was pretty obvious within 5 minutes with KB/M that I needed to buy a 360 controller USB dongle :lol:). Now I am playing through NG+7 before the new dx11 update for DS2 comes out (haven't purchased DS2 yet).

Here is a screenshot of one of my characters in Anor Londo, she's ready to slice up a gargoyle and show those damn silver knights who's boss!

DS1-1_zpssausyqlh.jpg

I was so bad at this game to start, but once I got into it the gameplay became addictive. I figure I could now plow through NG from start to finish in an afternoon without the master key if it came down to it :)

That look on her face is how I felt when I met those skele-dogs in the Tomb of the Giants for the first time. The 2cm light radius and those assholes gave me the first true "are you kidding me" moments of DS1. Luckily for me (on my first play through) I had more than just what looks like a spider shield, some crimson armor, and an estoc to take those things head on :)

Armor just covering the tits and ass. Because fuck logic xD 

The gameplay is that "Just one more try" Kind of addicitive :)

Here's my character.

inpgcF5h.jpg

Parrying dagger to knock someone on their arse and the slightly bigger bread knife to finish them off. 

Armor just covering the tits and ass. Because fuck logic xD 

The gameplay is that "Just one more try" Kind of addicitive :)

Here's my character.

Parrying dagger to knock someone on their arse and the slightly bigger bread knife to finish them off. 

Nice, that big sword is awesome and same with the helmet! I haven't tried much of the parrying specific weapons yet in DS1, I got used to the parry animation with the medium shields and most of them have 100% physical block anyway which comes in handy.

I'm glad you got a kick out of the pic, it was kind of a joke :). I have stumbled into the term "fashion souls" before and never quite understood what it meant. My characters are usually running around looking like dorks with a mix of random armors to max out poise+resistance/weight ratio. That was my attempt at fashion in Dark Souls! Here is a more reasonable setup that is a better representation of what my character actually looks like approaching battle:

DS1-2_zpsp6x1vq36.jpg

I am definitely going to play DS2 after the dx11 update. I hope it comes out early enough to be able to go on big sale this Summer!

Meh, i'm only going to pick up DS2 after the re-release hits the bargain bin. I don't really approve of their business strategy. I can understand re-releasing on the next-gen consoles. Because that actually takes time & effort and requires new physical copies to be sent. But the PC version could just've been updated. Sectioning off the multiplayer and asking people to rebuy the game is just ludicrous.

I enjoyed the shit out of the first game, but buying the re-release at retail would just smear my enjoyment.

Meh, i'm only going to pick up DS2 after the re-release hits the bargain bin. I don't really approve of their business strategy. I can understand re-releasing on the next-gen consoles. Because that actually takes time & effort and requires new physical copies to be sent. But the PC version could just've been updated. Sectioning off the multiplayer and asking people to rebuy the game is just ludicrous.

I enjoyed the shit out of the first game, but buying the re-release at retail would just smear my enjoyment.

Oh I agree 100%. From Soft is crazy to expect PC users to purchase the game twice for what is little more than a graphical update. I went to buy it during the winter sale and was warned by numerous reviews about the "update". I decided to not purchase DS2 and wait until the new version is released and has come down in price. The company recently making the statement about Bloodborne not being on PC at all also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh I agree 100%. From Soft is crazy to expect PC users to purchase the game twice for what is little more than a graphical update. I went to buy it during the winter sale and was warned by numerous reviews about the "update". I decided to not purchase DS2 and wait until the new version is released and has come down in price. The company recently making the statement about Bloodborne not being on PC at all also left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll be holding out to see if they change their minds... But if they do not i'll probably buy the update on a sale. The multiplayer is kind of a must for me and if new players come around that means more low level bosses to help people with.

My first "what the fuck" moment was when I encountered this guy... wasn't hard to kill but I was not expecting him when I entered the area...

I ran upstairs right away lol

sample_661177ff93f6c31f0fc594e921deb2d61

My first "what the fuck" moment was when I encountered this guy... wasn't hard to kill be I was not expecting him when I entered the area...

-snip-

His loot is pretty good^^

I'm Buying SOTFs for the increased enemy count, extra co-op, and invader slots, im waiting for it, i told my friends not to buy it until we know the pricing model on it

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Bloodborne not being on PC at all.

It's a Sony game, you shouldn't be salty

From Soft is crazy to expect PC users to purchase the game twice for what is little more than a graphical update.

I'm actually not even annoyed about that at all, what annoys me is that they are splitting the servers between the two games, So me  and my friends i want to play with all have to have the same version, and they are breaking up an already small userbase into two incompatible versions. There have actually been signifigant updates to the enemy layout and numbers to better represent the increase in power of up to date hardware like current consoles and PCs

This video shows the increase in enemy counts in a couple places especially around 2:30

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

My first "what the fuck" moment was when I encountered this guy... wasn't hard to kill be I was not expecting him when I entered the area...

Yeah, CD killed me a lot when I first encountered that boss. That was when I realized how important it is to stay below 25% equip load for fast roll in certain situations. After killing that guy it took me over an hour to "find" the stairs right next to his boss fog. That was more annoying that dying a bunch!

Very cool art btw, are those your drawings? That almost looks like the hallway with the two Fang Boars that leads up to Duke's Archives...how did that pesky demon make his way up there :P ?

It's a Sony game, you shouldn't be salty

I'm actually not even annoyed about that at all, what annoys me is that they are splitting the servers between the two games, So me  and my friends i want to play with all have to have the same version, and they are breaking up an already small userbase into two incompatible versions. There have actually been signifigant updates to the enemy layout and numbers to better represent the increase in power of up to date hardware like current consoles and PCs

This video shows the increase in enemy counts in a couple places especially around 2:30

I know I shouldn't be salty, I just was looking forward to Bloodborne, yet am not going to buy a PS4 for it. With the last console gen, I can understand devs not wanting to or being able to timely port a game to PC. Now with both XB1 and PS4 being x86/GCN, it is frustrating that exclusives are still a thing.

Either way I am excited to play DS2. :)

Snip

Yeah it's no fun being on the side that doesn't get a game you want talk about Forza, sunset overdrive, and a couple other Xbox exclusives, but in the end, it's not really done out of malice, someone asks for a game slot to be filled, why not do it, From has a long history with Sony and they know it's a safer bet, and it let's them do a bigger budget larger scale game, dark souls ii was only really a stop gap in between these two titles.

• 1 month later...

The Fume Knight was and still is my favorite Dark Souls 2 boss.

He has tricky attacks, a lot of health, and deals ENORMOUS amounts of damage if you aren't careful.

This is a picture of me dueling him on NG+4

post-46277-0-77192200-1429836822_thumb.p

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I remember first playing Dark Souls. Got it for Christmas, never heard of the game but it was released a few months back.

I didn't know I'd be so interested in the game because I looked at the cover of the game thinking it wouldn't be my type of game (I don't do RPG games, I yawn too much with them). I decided to play it and got my ass kicked a few times and was very skeptical if it was actually an online game or not (the messages on the ground is what I was mostly confused about).

After awhile, I made it to the gate at Undead Parish. Killed the bull but couldn't figure out how to open the gate but out of nowhere, I got an alert saying I was invaded. It was really scary at first, I thought I was gonna get raped and lose all my progress but the invader was very nice and helped me open the gate to the church and gave me a weapon.

My first time was truly a blind playthrough, it was daunting.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought this might be the appropriate place to post this. 

This insulting excuse of a PC Game should belong to the Console Section of LTT.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO