Triple Monitor-ing

bchampion96

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a monitor that has the smallest bezel possible. What I want to do is get one for now and buy two more when I have bought a graphics card and have the money for them. For a triple monitor setup, I want to minimize the gastly black bars between screens, so I was wondering what are the thinniest bezel monitors you know of?

So far I have looked at:

This: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/aoc-i2353fh-23-full-hd-led-backlit-monitor...

This: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0093NSGVA/ref=asc_df_B0093NSGVA11620739?smid...

This: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LS23A700DS/ZA

I have seen samsung's eyefinity triple monitor, one stand doohickey but it is far too expensive for me. I would like to spend under 300 dollars per monitor.

Right now, the LG is at the top of my list despite not having the advertised 1.2mm bezel. It actually has an 11mm bezel which I am fine with.

So, any ideas?

Thanks

bchampion96

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

id go with the first link. i know a couple of people who have one and they are mind-blown by the quality. i use three u2412m in eyefinity and i dont think i can ever go back to TN panels.

i would say you go with the LG i have a LG monitor and i love it and looks good also that one would be good for with ones on the side

The LG seems to have the thinnest bezels and remains great value for money; personally I'd pick that.

But you'd be surprised at how little bezels annoy you in game :P I have three Acers, each with a 12mm-ish bezel. Together, though, that's about an inch of black space when they're positioned next to each other.

For me, I would never buy the LG monitors. I have seen those before when I was buying mine, and it just angers me too much that they blatantly lie about their own products to their customers. I have even seen pictures of the display taking up the full screen which isn't physically possible. Maybe it's just me, but I don't support that.

I ended up buying some of these though http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-2340-1330-S2340L/dp/B009HM54SU/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1359379848&sr=1-3

The bezel is, from my measurement, 11 mm, similar to the LG one where the glass itself has a smaller bezel of about 1 mm.

Either way, whatever you do, I highly suggest getting an IPS panel one for all three. You'll need it since the viewing angles will all be different, you don't want that TN panel discoloration.

To play devils advocate to everyone trying to sway you away from TN panels in favor of IPS panels.

The cost of IPS panels in comparison to TN panels is significant. People always rave about how nice their IPS panel is and how they can never go back to TN. This statement is partially true. If you have a multiple monitor setup with some IPS and some TN panels, then you will notice the difference.

I purchased an IPS panel for my home computer, but I was stuck with a TN panel for work. Everyday I would notice the difference coming from work to home, to the point where I discarded the IPS panel. The TN panel by itself looks nice, but only seems bad when compared to the IPS.

Best advice I can offer: never use IPS and the TN panel will look fine.

Regarding the bezels, with bezel correction, 10mm and 20 mm makes little difference after your eyes get adjusted to it.