Graficcards driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Spreedblood

Hi guys. I have this problem that whenever i open up a game or watch any videos small squares pops up all over my screen then the screen goes black and turns on again. I gotta do CTRL+ALT+DELETE to make it come on again. Then a message shows up.. "Graficcards driver stopped responding and has recovered". Under that is says "Driver AMD stopped working bla bla bla..." Cant remember the rest. It really annoys me. It has been like this for quite a while now. It really annoys me. I hope someone out there could help me! :)

Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula/thunderbolt

GPU: AMD Radeon hd 7970 3gb GDDR5

CPU: AMD FX-8150

Memory: 8 GB DDR3 Dual

Uninstall and re-install display drivers.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Is your graphics card overclocked?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Uninstall and re-install display drivers.

I have tried ... :( No luck. Even though i disabled firewall + anti virus so i could have the best install but no luck ... :(

Is your graphics card overclocked?

I dont think so and if yes how can i check it out ? :(

I have tried ... :( No luck. Even though i disabled firewall + anti virus so i could have the best install but no luck ... :(

I dont think so and if yes how can i check it out ? :(

Well, if you haven't touched it, I doubt it's overclocked by you. However, some manufacturers pre-overclock their cards. Can you post a link to your card?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Well, if you haven't touched it, I doubt it's overclocked by you. However, some manufacturers pre-overclock their cards. Can you post a link to your card?

You mean a picture ??? :P

How do you mean ?? ... :/

How do you mean ?? ... :/

A link from the manufacturer that shows what card you have on their product page.

how old is the mobo? when was the last bios? i have an issue like this but tried in my brothers board and the card works perfect /grin

how old is the mobo? when was the last bios? i have an issue like this but tried in my brothers board and the card works perfect /grin

well old enough -.- And I have updated latest bios .. 1703 :(

well old enough -.- And I have updated latest bios .. 1703 :(

I bought it about 3 yeara ago. I bought all of the pieces about 3 years ago. I built up the pc. It cost mw about 20000kr = qbou 7000 $ ....

I bought it about 3 yeara ago. I bought all of the pieces about 3 years ago. I built up the pc. It cost mw about 20000kr = qbou 7000 $ ....

$7,000?

Do you have another graphics card to try out?

$7,000?

Yes for all the stuff .... CPU Motherboard GPU etc.

Do you have another graphics card to try out?

Nah :( I used to live in an apartment but now i have moved in to a house.... I have thrown all of the old gpu's :( 

Could this be a CPU problem? Cause i know that i don't have thermal paste/compound between the processor and the fan.

Yes for all the stuff .... CPU Motherboard GPU etc.

Nah :( I used to live in an apartment but now i have moved in to a house.... I have thrown all of the old gpu's :(

Could this be a CPU problem? Cause i know that i don't have thermal paste/compound between the processor and the fan.

Get thermal paste on your CPU immediately. Like...ASAP.

Get thermal paste on your CPU immediately. Like...ASAP.

Is it that important ?? :OOOOO And if yes could this be the problem ? :(

Is it that important ?? :OOOOO And if yes could this be the problem ? :(

Yes. Thermal paste is extremely important.

Yes. Thermal paste is extremely important.

Well since i've had my computer for about 3 years. This problem have been for quite a while. I know that i have done a "fix" that could last for 3 hours then it would start again. I just removed the ram and installed it again. Same with the CPU. Since i have done this quite a few times and never put thermal paste on it I'm afraid this might be the problem :( My CPU getting fried or am i the only one thinking this might be the problem? And if you think it might be then i will go immediately tomorrow .... :(

Well since i've had my computer for about 3 years. This problem have been for quite a while. I know that i have done a "fix" that could last for 3 hours then it would start again. I just removed the ram and installed it again. Same with the CPU. Since i have done this quite a few times and never put thermal paste on it I'm afraid this might be the problem :( My CPU getting fried or am i the only one thinking this might be the problem? And if you think it might be then i will go immediately tomorrow .... :(

Thermal paste MUST be on the CPU.

Thermal paste MUST be on the CPU.

K then. I will go get it by tomorrow. But hey do you think my PC parts are good? If no what shall i upgrade and else? :D + thanks for all the help your trying to give me!  Cheers man !! D:

K then. I will go get it by tomorrow. But hey do you think my PC parts are good? If no what shall i upgrade and else? :D + thanks for all the help your trying to give me!  Cheers man !! D:

I think you should be good.

I think you should be good.

But for processor fan, can i use the one i get for buying amd fx-8150 or shall i go get a new one? As i know the one i got shall be really good :P If you look at linus tech tips unboxing the fx-8150 you will see which fan i mean :P

But for processor fan, can i use the one i get for buying amd fx-8150 or shall i go get a new one? As i know the one i got shall be really good :P If you look at linus tech tips unboxing the fx-8150 you will see which fan i mean :P

If you can, I'd pick up a Hyper 212 Evo. Much better at cooling than the stock one, and it comes with thermal paste. Decent thermal paste at that.