Is Paypal Digital Gifts legit?

tikonux

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/

This may seem stupid to ask because it's Paypal, but I just want to make sure, is it legit? I've been researching and some people have been saying it is and some saying it isn't. Is this just a third party website acting like Paypal, or is it legitmately one of Paypal's services? I want to know because I don't want to get a gift card at Walgreens with the price going up by the tax. And if I buy through here, would I get taxed?

VeriSign tells that site is true from PayPal Inc.

Do you think I would be taxed?

tell me how paypal will make money off this then

How does any retailer make money off of gift cards? They sell cheap ass plastic cards (or in this case, codes it seems) and PayPal surely gets a percentage of the sale. The person who owns the business assumes that a large percentage of people will end up spending more money than is on the card, and possibly bring people with them into the store to also buy something. That's how they make money.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless