Could i get a h60 in my case? (and other questions)

fojacko

Ok so my current case is a cit vantage (yes, yes i know it sucks but it's under a desk, so i never see it, so idc) and i was basically wandering whether i could fit a h60 in there. I'll leave a link to the amazon page http://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Vantage-Limited-Edition-Interior/dp/B007934S90 so you can look at it.

Also, i'm presuming it'd be safe out of the box, or should i take precautions and test for water leaks, if so how would i go about that?

Last question(s); Is it quieter than air cooling (sound is a big issue for me) and will i notice significant temperature drops (current heatsink is a arctic cooling freezer 7 pro).

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

A good Aircooler is similar to a "good" AIo watercooler in terms of noise.

You could mount the H60 at the rear exhaust fanspot (If amazon is right.. so you should measure the height of the Fan mounted there, and If its 120mm it should fit fine)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

It'll work in that case fine, it just attaches to the exhaust of your case.
Yes, it'll be quieter as you are eliminating a small fan (which are typically louder).
No precautions needed just plug it in and go!
However, you won't see a performance increase if you're overclocking. If you're overclocking go for a H80i. If not the H60 would be great!

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I second what those guys said. a H60 should fit fine in the rear exhaust 120mm fan mount. Measure it first, or at least check a pc component E-tailer. They normally have more accurate information on the product.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It'll work in that case fine, it just attaches to the exhaust of your case.

Yes, it'll be quieter as you are eliminating a small fan (which are typically louder).

No precautions needed just plug it in and go!

However, you won't see a performance increase if you're overclocking. If you're overclocking go for a H80i. If not the H60 would be great!

I have an 8320 OC'd at 4.4ghz, but i don't plan on going higher (if i do, it'll only be to 4.5 MAYBE 4.6). It's fine as it is, i just need something that runs it cooler (my room get warm after a few hours of my pc being on) and quieter.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Heya,

There shouldn't be any problems installing the Corsair H60. Seems there is enough clearance and the rear fan mount is 120mm. With the right fans it should be quieter, the cooler the CPU is, the slower you can run the fans (providing you're comfortable with the temps you're getting). These liquid coolers are sealed, so they shouldn't leak, although there have been cases in the past when people have encountered this. I would recommend testing it outside the case, to make sure there is no leak and no hardware components are in contact of water damage.

What CPU will you be running and is it gonna be overclocked? As long as the temps are no higher than 80c (90c is fine, but I personally don't want to go higher than 80c).

Alternatively you can get a high performance air cooler instead. The only issue is making sure that you have the clearance for a large air cooler.

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Yes u can but its pointless i have the h60 and its realy not worth it, my old air cooler was 10c cooler but louder the Alo are good for noise not proformance if u plan to overclock

If you want lower temps, a h60 won't achieve it with the OC specs you're running. Try going for the Corsair h80i, it has a thicker radiator with greater surface area.

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

You need to check your clearance on your psu and gfx card. (if you have it in the top pci. It might be tight with the in and out barbs on the rad.