Fan Mods, (Painting)

skitz

Hi guys,

I am just thinking about doing a custom build, and was wondering if there is a "right" way to paint case fans without impacting (significantly) on their performance. I have seen a few builds where people appear to have painted (I think) their fans in their system. I think this would look amazing for what I am thinking of, but don't really know how you could do it without damaging the fan.

Thanks

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors

DO NOT PAINT FANS. It will cause the blades to become unbalanced and will affect the noise and performance. You have to dye them instead. unfortunately I have no idea how to do this, so you'll have to google.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I don't recommend it. You add weight to the blades plus you can't get the layers equal. Small amounts of inequality leads to big problems when it comes to the physics of a case fan. 

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

DO NOT PAINT FANS. It will cause the blades to become unbalanced and will affect the noise and performance. You have to dye them instead. unfortunately I have no idea how to do this, so you'll have to google.

Thanks for that, 

If anyone can tell me how to Die a fan that would be great. Imagine a Nocturne fan that actually looked good in a build!

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors