The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

There's no way you typed that with a straight face.

Wuh? It;s perfectly fine to me.

I'll smoke what you're smoking, man.  :P

Only some more combat moves would be nices but I am honestly fine with it.

eyyy, and I just got back to modding skyrim xD 

And this mod looks freaking epic

Ik man, I'm super excited for this mod.

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

I swear the mods are so awesome.

It has made Skyrim extremely addicting.

Post pics of your characters people, along with class and such info.

Read this and lol'd. I don't play Skyrim any more (finished it and stopped) but came to see how many people would do that. Looks like none, probably because it would all be NSFW.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Read this and lol'd. I don't play Skyrim any more (finished it and stopped) but came to see how many people would do that. Looks like none, probably because it would all be NSFW.

Nah, people aren't that big of pervs here are they?....

Skyrim has the looks of a beauty pageant queen, when modded, and about as much depth.

Bullcrap, plenty of quests.

Post pics of your characters people, along with class and such info.

Would placing my character in spoiler tags with age warnings prevent mods from slapping me?  I'll add some leaves and hope that that's enough I guess.

I have a decent amount ... quite a lot of stat armour as a dual enchanting smithy, so I've little need to adorn bulky plate armour.,,yes I'm a pervert.  That and my character is not a particularly big fan of two-handed weapons, or close quarters combat in general(nor is my frame rate)

Primary skills in order

Smithing

Archery

Enchanting

One-handed

Light armour

Conjuring

respectable lvl of aptitude skills

Speech

Stealth

illusion

Destruction

Restoration

By the eight she's no skill what so ever in

alteration

two-handed

Heavy armour

shield

alchemy (who uses this anyways?)

18 year of age only(like you care, but get ready for disappointment)

xJSoBkK.jpg

fwp9jAw.jpg

j37uIhN.jpg

Just throwing something out here guys, apparently the free official (so from Bethesda themselves) High Res Texture Pack has some bugs/glitches and I've even heard it causes the game to CTD (crash to desktop) from time to time. If your PC can handle it, I'd just heavily recommend downloading some texture mods from the Skyrim Nexus. 

Just throwing something out here guys, apparently the free official (so from Bethesda themselves) High Res Texture Pack has some bugs/glitches and I've even heard it causes the game to CTD (crash to desktop) from time to time. If your PC can handle it, I'd just heavily recommend downloading some texture mods from the Skyrim Nexus.

i have the unofficial patch and have never had a ctd (okay thats not true i had ctds while sorting out the mods but not after.)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

The thread is alive!

i have the unofficial patch and have never had a ctd (okay thats not true i had ctds while sorting out the mods but not after.)

It's still rather annoying to deal with (hence you needing to organize things) and if you're going to install other texture packs, there's no point in running the official one. 

I need to know what GPU would handle a maxed out skyrim at 1440p. I would like to know the best budget option (no more than $250 USD) and the end all be all overkill option (I'm also thinking we should keep this under $500 USD.) Please try to accommodate for AMD and Nvidia as equally as possible. (Assume I have a G-Sync monitor) 

I need to know what GPU would handle a maxed out skyrim at 1440p. I would like to know the best budget option (no more than $250 USD) and the end all be all overkill option (I'm also thinking we should keep this under $500 USD.) Please try to accommodate for AMD and Nvidia as equally as possible. (Assume I have a G-Sync monitor) 

You can actually find R9 290's for around 200ish bucks if you know where to look, 500 range I wouldn't even go there to be honest, the GTX 970 is amazing for the price. 

You can actually find R9 290's for around 200ish bucks if you know where to look, 500 range I wouldn't even go there to be honest, the GTX 970 is amazing for the price. 

I've heard people say that, but all the R9 290's I see are only a few dollars less than a GTX 970. So, should I just pay the extra 50ish bucks for a 970?

I've heard people say that, but all the R9 290's I see are only a few dollars less than a GTX 970. So, should I just pay the extra 50ish bucks for a 970?

That's really up to preference really, they're both around the same performance (maybe give or take some FPS in some games). The 970 is typically an amazing overclocker though, and if you're into tweaking your hardware you'll love that then. I personally love my 970, I've got the FTW Edition by EVGA. I got it for all the features it has to offer, the 970 also supports a lot of newer tech/software by Nvidia and is REALLY power efficient. Also I love PhysX. But AMD's new set of cards SHOULD (keyword) be coming soon-ish. But if you don't wanna wait, I'd nab a 970 or R9 290 then. It's really up to your preference really. 

If we assume you have a G-Sync monitor, I would have a hard time recommending AMD. 970 is hard to beat and a bit negligent imo to recommend an AMD since you'd be half invested in the platform already and on the cusp of unlocking the benefits it brings. It's not 250 but it sure as heck ain't 500.

The 980 is obviously "the best" and $550 being the lowest I recall ever seeing, it's not far off from your max. But considering it is both over your max and it's a pretty premium for not as large a performance boost above the 970....and if the incentive for it is strictly modded skyrim where vram is the real killer (or just mine)....idk man it's a hard sell to push even though it is the best.

If the rumors of a 8gb 980 come true I for one might have an easier time recommending it as the best without tripping over the subjectively large drop in value for performance. Strictly epeen stat of course, and probably be easier just in this instance/circumstance, but it'd be something.

And it's not like there are any 6GB 780 out there anymore, let alone on sale. All those danged modded skyrim players scooped those up already...probably running in sli too.

If we assume you have a G-Sync monitor, I would have a hard time recommending AMD. 970 is hard to beat and a bit negligent imo to recommend an AMD since you'd be half invested in the platform already and on the cusp of unlocking the benefits it brings. It's not 250 but it sure as heck ain't 500.

The 980 is obviously "the best" and $550 being the lowest I recall ever seeing, it's not far off from your max. But considering it is both over your max and it's a pretty premium for not as large a performance boost above the 970....and if the incentive for it is strictly modded skyrim where vram is the real killer (or just mine)....idk man it's a hard sell to push even though it is the best.

If the rumors of a 8gb 980 come true I for one might have an easier time recommending it as the best without tripping over the subjectively large drop in value for performance. Strictly epeen stat of course, and probably be easier just in this instance/circumstance, but it'd be something.

And it's not like there are any 6GB 780 out there anymore, let alone on sale. All those danged modded skyrim players scooped those up already...probably running in sli too.

Lol knowing Nvidia (even though their prices have been better lately) they'd charge the 980 8GB for like 700 dollars or something. 

Mod list kind sir? :P

Trees

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3812/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3288/?

And the ENB to make it look awesome (Note: May have to adjust enb settings in-game because i find everything overly bright)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53294/?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case