The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

Guys can you help me out? I want to replay skyrim as I have it with all the DLC:D My Pc is is not the most power full so I need some advice on how to mode it so its looks its best without it running at at very low fps. At the moment I can run it vanilla 1080P Max with 4xAA 50-75FPS. So there is not a lot of room left to play about, I'm looking for a good ENB I don't need 4K textures only mods that will help the game look better but not kill my PC:D

Guys can you help me out? I want to replay skyrim as I have it with all the DLC:D My Pc is is not the most power full so I need some advice on how to mode it so its looks its best without it running at at very low fps. At the moment I can run it vanilla 1080P Max with 4xAA 50-75FPS. So there is not a lot of room left to play about, I'm looking for a good ENB I don't need 4K textures only mods that will help the game look better but not kill my PC:D

Pure waters, static mesh improvement mod, and skyrim 2K lite will pretty up the game a bit, even on a weak pc. As for enbs, I generally dont enjoy them and prefer the all-in-one package of RCRN. However the "Grim and Somber" enb is pretty nice. Also "Skyrim Project Optimization" will give you a free performance boost without any visual degradation.

Pure waters, static mesh improvement mod, and skyrim 2K lite will pretty up the game a bit, even on a weak pc. As for enbs, I generally dont enjoy them and prefer the all-in-one package of RCRN. However the "Grim and Somber" enb is pretty nice. Also "Skyrim Project Optimization" will give you a free performance boost without any visual degradation.

Nexus is down now... Sigh.. So I will start playing now and try it tomorrow. I was thinking of ENB as I had just seen one that looks amazing and is not so power hungry:D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzHFFLqv0f8 

@MoonSpot

I find that both of the textures have the same touch to them while being totally different. 

Parallax give a very vibrant feel and certainly gives the game a more fantasy vibe. 

The new textures however gives me the impression that it is trying to make the game more realistic.

It has a more darker tone to the leaves of the trees which makes it look like the trees you would see 

when you walk around outside.

There is one thing bugging me about the new textures though...

The rock textures do seem a little muddy in-game when you view it from a distance as compare to the 

older textures... The rocks textures are not muddy in anyway and one of the most detailed I have seen.

They just look a little odd or muddy when you view it from a distance.

I do however like the mud/soil textures. The old textures make it the soil look very dried up while the new textures

have a couple of dead plants which makes more sense since the textures were used near river banks and the ends

of lakes. Old mud/soil textures look like they belong in the desert.

I can't make up my mind on whether or not I would be using the new textures.

TL;DR : Both textures are a little different I can't make up my mind :B 

Took some screenshots for comparison

Tamriel Reloaded - Textures and Parallax

nHxZHxz.jpg

b20q6pV.jpgQbOi8dU.jpgxcWE8vX.jpgh4s5jBJ.jpg

Tamriel Reloaded HD

WDt8aIs.jpg0ndmhLd.jpgzMvV6P3.jpgkqX2dgW.jpg

YuJ8ZWM.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

A collection of UNPB armour textures that I'm liking and figured I'd post / spread awareness for the UNP/b/tbb fans.  May take a bit of reading to make sure the one(s) you like are installed correctly, but that is a pretty minor thing considering.  Generally just file structure issue at worst and would need to be manually installed or repack the 7zip/RaR/Zip with the correct file structure, or more commonly would need another mod first and then have these UNPB optimized ones overwrite the previous mods files.

[warning loverslab.  You may see things that can't be unseen....]

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10341-conversions-for-unpb-with-bbp/

A collection of UNPB armour textures that I'm liking and figured I'd post / spread awareness for the UNP/b/tbb fans.  May take a bit of reading to make sure the one(s) you like are installed correctly, but that is a pretty minor thing considering.  Generally just file structure issue at worst and would need to be manually installed or repack the 7zip/RaR/Zip with the correct file structure, or more commonly would need another mod first and then have these UNPB optimized ones overwrite the previous mods files.

[warning loverlab.  You may see things that can't be unseen....]

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10341-conversions-for-unpb-with-bbp/

Haha I've already seen everything :B 

Thanks for sharing!

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I just want to say I hate that dude in Whiterun, the one who preaches Talos all day. -_- often I save the game and just go crazy on him and kill him, then reload to prevent guards from killing me.

One of the plusses of getting your sneak skill high is being able to snipe him with the bow and not get caught. It's great with flaming arrows.

• 3 weeks later...

Been following his testing of that mod, looks like I've got another one for my load order. :P

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I checked out DynDOLOD as per @MoonSpot's request and that mod sure does add more objects to your LOD. Like much more. 

DynDOLOD creates objects based on your mods installed so it took me half an hour to install the mod  :P

Now let the images do the talking  ;)

Before: http://i.imgur.com/OvChavK.jpg

After: http://i.imgur.com/izD7U9A.jpg

At first glance, the difference might not be so obvious. 

But when we zoom in like this, we can see how flat the terrain looks without any objects except for the trees.

xm0yllj.jpg

After the mod however, the same scene has much more detailed objects like this:

OvliAhA.jpg

Overall. Quite impressive considering that there were much more objects such as fallen branches and rocks, added to the scenery.

The mod also had no performance hit on my system, was really surprised by that. 

This thread needs some love  :lol:

How many mods does everyone run?

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Currently about 80

Nice, I just checked mine I have over 130 active mods. Do you get a stable frame rate?

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

How many mods does everyone run?

279 in MO/NMM, a dozen or two manually installed.

With maybe 10 to 15 inactive.  I've quite a few that over write parts of each other too. 

:Edit:

AND I should also confess that with my old laptop I am no longer able to play at 1080 with all these mods.  Can load and take screenshots.  I was expecting the GPU(GT130m) to crap out, but it actually seems like my CPU(Q9000 quad-duo) shits the bed first (script crashing far more frequent for me at 1080 then 720).  That is largely due to the nature of some of the mods I've got for my perverse playthrough.

Nice, I just checked mine I have over 130 active mods. Do you get a stable frame rate?

Frame rate is fine in max settings (GTX 760) but I do get CTDs and ILSs from time to time.  No fancy ENBs though.

• 2 weeks later...

I last played over a month ago after just over one-hundred hours on vanilla, but here's my character anyway.

1GzF5uc.jpg

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Skyrim is full of bugs (As a game, not mods)

I last played over a month ago after just over one-hundred hours on vanilla, but here's my character anyway.

<snip>

A little dark though, but since we're introducing characters here's mine: 

tfslWkR.jpg

A little dark though, but since we're introducing characters here's mine: 

tfslWkR.jpg

Aye. I probably should've turned my brightness for it, but I always seem to notice a slight difference anyway thanks to Steam Overlay. Might just be my eyes or the Flux program I have running in the background, I can't tell for the life of me.

Moving on. I really like that character. I'm going to have to assume it was made with mods? I should probably install some mods if I ever get around to playing it again.

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Aye. I probably should've turned my brightness for it, but I always seem to notice a slight difference anyway thanks to Steam Overlay. Might just be my eyes or the Flux program I have running in the background, I can't tell for the life of me.

Moving on. I really like that character. I'm going to have to assume it was made with mods? I should probably install some mods if I ever get around to playing it again.

Yeap 100% modded  :D

You should definitely install some mods next time you play it, Skyrim is the kind of game where I get back to after playing other games. Its always there, never ending  :lol:

1GzF5uc.jpg

I get the same effect happening where my screenshots are a LOT darker then when in game.  My guess is it's an ENB thing.

I auto brighten/contrast/tone shots afterwards, unless I really want to spend the time to properly fix a shot (super rare, idc enough)

I would absolutely start modding your skyrim (do a solid back up first).  There are a lot of seasoned mods that add a lot to the game.  The apprehensions some have to modding their skyrim are largely unfounded.

Maybe we should do a super simple guide on getting the basic must have mods up and running, or get the people in the LMG community that do mod TESV to list their practices?

Anywho, here's my current character, and his staff (for the moment) inside Kagrenacs Instant Fortress.  This player home is awesome!

pT7WZNO.jpg

kqUY8Wl.jpg

Now I have to turn back down the settings before my laptop catches on a mod endued fire.

Just remembered I gotta fix, or get rid of,  this new dwemer environment texture pack.  Those huge black lines look pretty bad.

Skyrim is full of bugs (As a game, not mods)

Both. But they're too minimal to completely disrupt your gameplay. I've only ever encountered the dagger one and some quest breaks, but apart from that, nothing. Most of the are ignorable.