The Skyrim (Original DX9) Thread

Go to solution Solved by mr.skyrim_pc,

Skyrim has a lot of bugs/glitches..

But i really like the story!

It really doesn't have that many glitches. Mabye it did when it first came out but not anymore

HjR6xo2.png

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Skyrim was released on November 11, 2011, for Microsoft WindowsPlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Three downloadable content (DLC) add-ons were released—Dawnguard,Hearthfire and Dragonborn—which were repackaged into The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition, which released on June 4, 2013.

Skyrim's main story revolves around the player character's efforts to defeat Alduin, the world eater, a Dragon who is prophesied to destroy the world. Set two hundred years after the events of Oblivion, the game takes place in the fictional province of Skyrim. Over the course of the game, the player completes quests and develops their character by improving their skills. Unlike previous Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim does not require the player to select a character class at the beginning of the game, negating a problem the development team felt previous entries had by forcing the player into a rigid play-style too early in the game. Skyrim continues theopen-world tradition of its predecessors by allowing the player to travel anywhere in the game world at any time, and to ignore or postpone the main storyline indefinitely.

The game was developed using the in-house Creation Engine, built specifically for the game. Skyrim is not a direct sequel to previous Elder Scrolls games, but during development it was considered a spiritual successor toOblivion and 2008's Fallout 3. The team opted for a more unique and diverse game world than Oblivion's Cyrodiil, which game director and executive producer Todd Howard considered less interesting by comparison.Skyrim premiered to critical acclaim, with reviewers particularly responding well to the refined character development system over previous Elder Scrolls entries. It is widely considered to be one of the greatest games of all time. Criticism was directed at the game's lack of initial polish and "robotic" melee combat. The game shipped over seven million copies to retailers within the first week of its release, and sold over 20 million copies across all three platforms.

Skyrim also has a very large modding community which allows you to change the game according to how you want it, there is an insanely wide variety of mods, from new houses to better graphics and even some.....perverse mods. For the modding community go here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/?

Decided to make a skyrim thread for people who still enjoy the game from time to time.

I just want to say I hate that dude in Whiterun, the one who preaches Talos all day. -_- often I save the game and just go crazy on him and kill him, then reload to prevent guards from killing me.

Currently I am playing a new char, a 2handed Warrior Redguard, got enough of mages and overpowered sneak archers on my last characters

Edited by Guest
title change

Decided to make a skyrim thread for people who still enjoy the game from time to time, currently playing it myself so I will adjust the OP accordingly later and make it good.

I just want to say I hate that dude in Whiterun, the one who preaches Talos all day. -_- often I save the game and just go crazy on him and kill him, then reload to prevent guards from killing me.

Currently I am playing a new char, a 2handed Warrior Redguard, got enough of mages and overpowered sneak archers on my last characters

This would be nice! If I can help you out with this in anyway, let me know! Also, I would like to bring this to your attention. Total conversion mod that is coming out for skyrim. Loooks sickk. : http://sureai.net/projects/enderal/?lang=en

If this post helped you, mark it as solved and give it a like - Always like seeing when someones issue has been solved. :)

I like Heimskr^^ He's spreading the good word of talos  :lol:

varP0GS.jpg

I always play a dunmer battlemage. (Heavy armor + spells) 
And i always name the character Indoril Nerevar^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Currently, I can't play Skyrim because it reaches my 2GB VRAM limit and craps out. Hopefully I can get a 970 to fix that

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I would like to use a bow in Skyrim on the PC but the controls are fucked so there's that.

Eh? Just use the mouse? :P

coolkingler1, on 24 Dec 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Eh? Just use the mouse? :P

The issue is the mouse :P the Y sens is tied to framerate and makes it a pain to use.

The issue is the mouse :P the Y sens is tied to framerate and makes it a pain to use.

Hmm, I don't find that a problem.... oh well.

Post pics of your characters people, along with class and such info.

coolkingler1, on 24 Dec 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Hmm, I don't find that a problem.... oh well.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/630800442977926150/?l=Czech

It's an issue a lot of people have. Poor programming at it's finiest. It mostly effects people playing at 60FPS. It requires weird config tweaks to make it work properly.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/630800442977926150/?l=Czech

It's an issue a lot of people have. Poor programming at it's finiest. It mostly effects people playing at 60FPS. It requires weird config tweaks to make it work properly.

Would 144fps work?

I tried 144 fps but just reverted it back to 60 because water starts flickering at 144hz, along with the sound...

coolkingler1, on 24 Dec 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Would 144fps work?

I tried 144 fps but just reverted it back to 60 because water starts flickering at 144hz, along with the sound...

I haven't tried but it seems as though the issue mostly pertains to drawing the bow back where the horizontal sensitivity will lower but the y sensitivity remains the same making small movements impossible. (For me at least)

Man even on novice it's hard to slay a mammoth at low levels.

Well, it's nearly modding mania for me and my 'ol pal Skyrim! Just waiting on my internet upgrade and unlimited, then mods galore! :D

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

eyyy, and I just got back to modding skyrim xD 

This would be nice! If I can help you out with this in anyway, let me know! Also, I would like to bring this to your attention. Total conversion mod that is coming out for skyrim. Loooks sickk. : http://sureai.net/projects/enderal/?lang=en

And this mod looks freaking epic

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

Killed some orc skooma dealer on the road.

:D

I don't feel bad about murdering drug dealers

I started modding Skyrim and got 25 mods..... Game Is so much better now, SO much

I got really bored of Skyrim until I used Skyrim Redone. Really puts a nice spin on things.

Skyrim Redone

is that mod?

Skyrim Redone

is that mod?

Guess so yeah.

Nah, really not that bad. :D

Skyrim Redone

is that mod?

Yeah. A really large gameplay overhaul that alters every perk tree and heavily alter game play. Makes pretty much every playstyle viable and makes your power come from perks and skill rather than random swinging and enchantments.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286/?

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I got really bored of Skyrim until I used Skyrim Redone. Really puts a nice spin on things.

Perkus Maximus is the new one so much better.

Yeah. A really large gameplay overhaul that alters every perk tree and heavily alter game play. Makes pretty much every playstyle viable and makes your power come from perks and skill rather than random swinging and enchantments.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286/?

Meh, I like the vanilla gameplay.