Samsung TVs will play PlayStation games without a PlayStation in 2015

XTankSlayerX

Console peasants will be okay with the latency, they play on huge TV's at 20 fps.

Video isn't just video. Compare a 2GB iTunes movie vs a 30GB Blu-Ray movie. The quality difference is quite quite noticeable.

Blu-ray master race, streaming sucks.

Blu-ray master race, streaming sucks.

I wouldn't say streaming sucks. It's convenient, and for most people, is "good enough". But I buy all my movies in Blu-Ray and them rip them to my Media Server. But I still watch tons of Netflix.

Blu-Ray (And whatever successor is chosen after Blu-Ray fades to memory) will always be the best though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I hope sony got them phat toobes to carry all that Playstation bandwith.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I wouldn't say streaming sucks. It's convenient, and for most people, is "good enough". But I buy all my movies in Blu-Ray and them rip them to my Media Server. But I still watch tons of Netflix.

Blu-Ray (And whatever successor is chosen after Blu-Ray fades to memory) will always be the best though.

Yes of course, I know, I have to admit that I'm a bad person on the internet at times. It's embarrassing. Of course streaming is very good for most people, I should've included that in my post. Instead I end up looking incredibly childish. I'm sorry, I'll do better in the future. I want to be nice and helpful on this forum lol.

"Smart tv" I'd rather have a "dumb tv" and a standard PS4.

First nvidea's grid , now Sony's streaming. Cloud gaming is coming pretty quick fast.

What about Onlive? That came before Grid.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

It was only a matter of time until this would happen, and I'm glad to see the companies investing in the technology.

Nvidia grid is already an awesome experience, and that's still streaming from the other side of the globe in my case. Can't wait for nvidia to start hosting some grid servers in Europe as well.

Cheers,

Linus

The end of PlayStation hardware is nigh.

We saw this one coming, great idea though ! 

Case: CoolerMaster CM 690 II (ver.2) *** PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 700W *** CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad QX9650 3 Ghz 12 Mb L2 Cache *** MoBo: Asus Striker Formula II *** GPU: ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II *** RAM: 4x Corsair Dominator 1GB DDR2 RAM 1066MHz PC2-8500 240-Pin DIMM CMX21024-8500C5D *** HDDs: Corsair Force Gt 240Gb SSD & Western Digital 2TB Green SATA II HDD *** Creative SOUND BLASTER Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional PCIe *** Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Black *** Keyboard: Roccat Arvo *** LCD: LG M2380D

There are more than 200 PS games, right?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

There are more than 200 PS games, right?

There are little over 2000 Ps1 games.

In home streaming of what? Presumably your PlayStation 3 is already plugged into your TV. I guess you could also stream it to another TV in your house? That'd be incredibly niche though.

I was talking about Steam In-Home Streaming. I though they had trademarked that shit or something. Though it was implicit, sorry for the confusion. 

But yeah that's what I meant, streaming to another TV in the house. My PC is plugged on the TV in the living room. I'm already streaming to my laptop a lot when the girlfriend wants to watch something. It's just great. But being already a niche market playing PC games on my TV, I do realize that will never happen. Would still be cool though  :) 

If this includes PS4 games then I will be $300 richer after selling it. I didn't realize how much of a waste my PS4 was until lately. I only have the console for exclusives. Outside of that I use it for nothing else. More space, less on the power bill. I'm all for that.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

If this includes PS4 games then I will be $300 richer after selling it. I didn't realize how much of a waste my PS4 was until lately. I only have the console for exclusives. Outside of that I use it for nothing else. More space, less on the power bill. I'm all for that.

Are you up for worse video quality and much more latency? I wouldn't stand it.

I was talking about Steam In-Home Streaming. I though they had trademarked that shit or something. Though it was implicit, sorry for the confusion. 

But yeah that's what I meant, streaming to another TV in the house. My PC is plugged on the TV in the living room. I'm already streaming to my laptop a lot when the girlfriend wants to watch something. It's just great. But being already a niche market playing PC games on my TV, I do realize that will never happen. Would still be cool though   :)

Steam In-Home Streaming is trademarked. But that doesn't mean video game streaming is exclusive to them. NVIDIA has GRID, an in-home streaming service. OnLive also has had Internet game streaming for what, 5+ years?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)