Should I go for it?

Speedbird

Hi

Ok, so I just discovered something - I have most of the parts needed to make a Pentium 4 rig. I have 2 of those CPUs, a Socket 478 motherboard (ASRock P4i65G), some hard drives, a cooler, and even a key of Windows XP. All I need is some RAM and a case. DDR1 is pretty cheap here, I can get 2 gigs of it for about 40 euros. And if I get an Arc Midi to replace my Q8200 rig's case, I could use the old one for this rig. So my question is - would you be interested in a build/overclock log? Because I'm not gonna spend 100 euros on stuff you don't like.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I would love to see a build log, but I'm not sure if it's worth 100 euros.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

for 100€ nah you should keep your money but if you had a motherboard that supported ddr2 I could send you 2gigs of ram that I dont need

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hi

Ok, so I just discovered something - I have most of the parts needed to make a Pentium 4 rig. I have 2 of those CPUs, a Socket 478 motherboard (ASRock P4i65G), some hard drives, a cooler, and even a key of Windows XP. All I need is some RAM and a case. DDR1 is pretty cheap here, I can get 2 gigs of it for about 40 euros. And if I get an Arc Midi to replace my Q8200 rig's case, I could use the old one for this rig. So my question is - would you be interested in a build/overclock log? Because I'm not gonna spend 100 euros on stuff you don't like.

id be hard pressed to do it. 40 euros for that ram? the whole system might not be worth that when your done. if you have no use for it, then dont waste that money. but hey, if you can find a use go for it.

for 100€ nah you should keep your money but if you had a motherboard that supported ddr2 I could send you 2gigs of ram that I dont need

Sorry bro, I only have one P4 board and that is DDR1.

Sorry bro, I only have one P4 board and that is DDR1.

P4 build log? Why not. I shiggy diggy. ^3^

I'd love to see a core 2 build log one day.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

I have a P4 build and I like it a lot. Doesn't play games very well, but it was the first computer I ever built. The only thing I need for it now is a P4 extreme edition CPU 3.4ghz (SL7CH). I have a Radeon HD 4670 for it, which I have read is one of the best agp graphics card made. If you do build it be prepared to be disappointed in game performance in newish games. I can play 50 person battles in M&B warband kind of ok.  

I have a P4 build and I like it a lot. Doesn't play games very well, but it was the first computer I ever built. The only thing I need for it now is a P4 extreme edition CPU 3.4ghz (SL7CH). I have a Radeon HD 4670 for it, which I have read is one of the best agp graphics card made. If you do build it be prepared to be disappointed in game performance in newish games. I can play 50 person battles in M&B warband kind of ok.  

It's not really for games, it's probably going to be a backup rig. Or maybe a server. And I'll try to find a 4670 (older iGPUs seem suck), thanks for that.

It's not really for games, it's probably going to be a backup rig. Or maybe a server. And I'll try to find a 4670 (older iGPUs seem suck), thanks for that.

Put that money into some nice stuff for your q8200 rig that i gave you (like nice case and ram mayb) and make a build log out of it

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I have a Dell Dimension 3000. Still works bar the IDE controller or something so it won't recognise any drives. iGPU sucks. I use the monitor that came with is as a secondary. A whole 1024 x 768. An AMD athlon of the time would be much better in terms of performance as netburst sucks and any program not compiled using a certain compiler will run just as well of better on a P3.

I personaly wouldn't go for it as the sempron rig you have/had performs better.