installing a HDMI port on my laptop

c4pt1n54n0

Hey guys, I just wanted your opinion on this, I took my laptop apart a few days ago to clean it out, and while I was in there, I noticed that the board had a spot for an HDMI port, as well as the appropriate pinout, so my question is, would it be as simple as ordering a port from an electronics wholesaler, and soldering it on? i know my cpu/gpu physically support it, but do you think that HP would have disabled it or anything? I KNOW that if it could work, I can do it, I just want to be more sure it is physically possible before I do any modding.

I'm not very familiar with the imbedding of photos, but this says it should work on forums..lol

90rubk.jpg

if that didn't work, then heres a direct link to a pic of the board

http://tinypic.com/r/90rubk/5

Main Machines~ Prometheus - i7 3930k @ 4.5GHz, X79-UD3, HyperX Blu 1600Mhz 24Gb (2x8Gb, 2x4Gb), XFX Double-D 7970, H100i, Military green C70, TX850M, All Corsair SP/AF-120 fans, Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb, 750Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM x2, NZXT Hue accent lights (wouldn't reccommend, they don't stick well). Laptop~ Asus X202E touch notebook- 500Gb 5400RPM 7mm HDD, 4Gb RAM-not upgradeable, 1.8GHz i3, HD4000

oh, laptop is in my sig, if you were wondering, sorry!

Main Machines~ Prometheus - i7 3930k @ 4.5GHz, X79-UD3, HyperX Blu 1600Mhz 24Gb (2x8Gb, 2x4Gb), XFX Double-D 7970, H100i, Military green C70, TX850M, All Corsair SP/AF-120 fans, Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb, 750Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM x2, NZXT Hue accent lights (wouldn't reccommend, they don't stick well). Laptop~ Asus X202E touch notebook- 500Gb 5400RPM 7mm HDD, 4Gb RAM-not upgradeable, 1.8GHz i3, HD4000

If the laptop didn't come with a HDMI port then it was probably done for a reason, I personally wouldn't bother

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If the laptop didn't come with a HDMI port then it was probably done for a reason, I personally wouldn't bother

I would have to agree. I don't know what the video outputs are on that laptop, but couldn't you just get an adapter?

well, the only other output is VGA, and i have a theory about this laptop. See, it is a "Walmart model" meaning, yes, it is/was sold in Walmart stores, but, as I've come to notice with many other items sold in facilities such as the aforementioned, the items sold in these stores seem to be of normal brands, but of lesser quality, or lesser features, as with some bicycles, take Schwinn bicycles, for example, they make a quality bicycle, but you will get a better one at a bicycle shop, than at Walmart. I have come to the conclusion that this be one of those occasions, it would cost too much to design and print new boards, so they removed some of the 'premium'  features, and sold it to Walmart for less. Just a theory. I am fairly confident it will work, from a physical standpoint, but i don't really feel like piecing together drivers if it's a software issue