Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

How often do you suggest? I have not washed the car yet. I was going to do it this weekend.

i dont know man, just try being okay with a little dirt. it doesnt always have to be shining bright also hand washing it is obviously better than a drive through car wash

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

That is pretty good.

a few

well i guess you are pretty lucky then i dont know what its called in english but a part of the engine can suffer in freezing temps and might cause problems in the morning when trying to start the car. i dont know about new diesels though could be that they found a way around that

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Going through the engine on the bonito,

75% of all cooling tin's seem f#cked....

For the ones not knowing, My bonito is based on a Aircooled VW beetle and those tin's are super important on a Aircooled VW :)

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

well i guess you are pretty lucky then i dont know what its called in english but a part of the engine can suffer in freezing temps and might cause problems in the morning when trying to start the car. i dont know about new diesels though could be that they found a way around that

my dad has pretty much driven only diesels since the early noughties and they work just fine in Finland. It'd be annoying to put your car in a garage for at least 3 months because they "don't like cold." Obviously cold starting a car in -20 is a bad idea but that's what the little plug on the engine that warms the coolant is for. About 100% of cars here have that. And it'd quite weird if it didn't have glow plugs to help with cold starts.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

The question's not for me, but yes I have a diesel vehicle and a few petrol ones. I love both types, they both have pros and cons.

It doesn't get very cold here (we don't get temps below freezing), and I've never had any problem with starting a car. 

Autogas/LPG refilling stations aren't that common over here outside of big cities. Autogas is normally very cheap though.

well as said they do tend to not start in the morning when below freezing.

as for LPG youre absolutly right thats exactly my point. yes its cheap but they arent that common and also the LPG system does need extra checkups and in my mind its just another thing that can break. also LPG engines run hotter and therefore wear out faster

Oh joy! The broken speakers in my Borat are riveted in.

-snip-

I can't believe someone would actually mount them like that. Best of luck getting them out

Geek and Subie Fan

I can't believe someone would actually mount them like that. Best of luck getting them out

I was a bit shocked to see that. But I suck at removing rivets, I had to work hard removing rivets from my PC case and these are much more substantial.

I tried drilling one out but it just made the hole bigger and made the rivet spin.

Edit: Success!

LJjMk0bl.jpg?1

Now does anybody have suggestions for speakers.

Edited by RatedBlam

Must Ka's rust around the fuel filler and the rocker panels

yeah......

P1010022.JPG

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Oh lord. looking at replacement speakers for cars is just as confusing as looking at anything in the audio world.

I'm just wondering that the Bora seems to have woofers and tweeters separately, but no crossover.

And according to the internet I need speakers that aren't coaxial(because of the separate tweeters)

Hlp, pls.

Oh lord. looking at replacement speakers for cars is just as confusing as looking at anything in the audio world.

I'm just wondering that the Bora seems to have woofers and tweeters separately, but no crossover.

And according to the internet I need speakers that aren't coaxial(because of the separate tweeters)

Hlp, pls.

And this is why I don't deal with audio stuff.

And this is why I don't deal with audio stuff.

Load of help from you and your 15k posts :P

I'm getting the hang of headphones, but this shit flies right over my head.

Load of help from you and your 15k posts :P

I'm getting the hang of headphones, but this shit flies right over my head.

Who said my 15k posts were quality?

I don't know all that much, but what I do know I know well. :P

Here is my Porsche 924 turbo 1980.

WIN_20140727_163149_zpsbwof8jvg.jpg

WIN_20140727_163120_zpsekbp1ipx.jpg

IMG_20141207_153052643_zps278b1ffb.jpg

IMG_20141207_153019735_zps0a46b620.jpg

*sorry for large post

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Benny's C34 Stagea with R34 front end.... My god

https://instagram.com/mechanicalstigofficial/p/yNvIDsD8Je/

The amount of wants is unreal. That thing is gorgeous.

I'm really excited to see Moog's new car. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Benny's C34 Stagea with R34 front end.... My god

https://instagram.com/mechanicalstigofficial/p/yNvIDsD8Je/

It looks like as if it was like that from the factory.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

.. I REALLY hope this is fake

edit: just read the description.. it is... thank God. I really hope no one over the age of 14 dresses like that guy

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

.. I REALLY hope this is fake

edit: just read the description.. it is... thank God. I really hope no one over the age of 14 dresses like that guy

I have seen that one before.

d2fc9c2269.jpg

Blarg

We often talk about cars that are great at 0-60... but what about 60-0? no one ever talks about that?

what is the fastest stopping car? 

what is the best price/performance ratio 60-0 car? 

From factory*

Though numbers will depend on the conditions during the test, the fastest I've seen in terms of numbers would be the Koenigsegg One:1. 100 kph (62 mph) to zero in 91 feet. This is a totally brutal car, setting road car records for acceleration, top speed, grip, etc. 0-400 kph (0-249 mph) is done in 20 seconds, 273 mph top speed, over 2g of lateral grip, etc.

In the 50k USD price range, Porsche Boxsters and Chevrolet Corvettes do very well in terms of braking.

For typical sedans, Camcords and Corvics actually do very well (as long as you don't look for pedal feel or repeat braking). On the first brake application, they will stop as quickly as many performance cars. This is actually quite amazing, when you consider what tires they come with.

Hlp, pls.

You can get component speakers with separate in-line filters for the tweeters and the midrange drivers. Where are your tweeters located?

Saw an awesome ad for an R8 today!

DtsrSqS.png

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

You can get component speakers with separate in-line filters for the tweeters and the midrange drivers. Where are your tweeters located?

I've been looking at various component speakers now. I think the stock ones have a very small crossover built in somewhere.

It was just quite confusing that component speakers are called something completely different in Finnish.

They're in the door, next to the A-pillar

New weekly topic based on zacdaman's post.
Fun car ads

FB+lugnt+k%C3%B6rd+bil.png

"Calmly driven"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I tried browsing but didn't see anything all that funny.

Hilariously bad pictures are common though.