Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

90% of car culture: It's only cool when the Japanese do it

It's pretty hypocritical.

They can do everything right. Muscle cars, stanced cars, lifted cars (but F150/Silverado sized pickups are so wrong in Japan), import cars, drift cars, they even do lowriders right. But nobody, NOBODY can do a ricer right.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They can do everything right. Muscle cars, stanced cars, lifted cars (but F150/Silverado sized pickups are so wrong in Japan), import cars, drift cars, they even do lowriders right. But nobody, NOBODY can do a ricer right.

I'd like an F150 in Britain or something....

Just for the lol's you would probably stand out so much.

System: Thinkpad T460

I'll tell you how one does in Germany. -_-' I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm just surprised nobody in Japan drives around in a Tundra. I mean it's a Toyota, it should feel at home on its home turf. Maybe i'd get some attention driving around a lifted Tundra in japan. I mean they got lifted vans, why not a lifted truck?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm just surprised nobody in Japan drives around in a Tundra. I mean it's a Toyota, it should feel at home on its home turf. Maybe i'd get some attention driving around a lifted Tundra in japan. I mean they got lifted vans, why not a lifted truck?

Because a Tundra is anything but small.

Because a Tundra is anything but small.

Well neither is the Tacoma, but they still drive around Tacomas in Japan.

Well neither is the Tacoma, but they still drive around Tacomas in Japan.

A Tacoma is quite tiny compared to a Tundra.

A Tacoma is quite tiny compared to a Tundra.

Have you seen the new one? It's almost the size of a Tundra. It's gotten so big since it's introduction back in the 60s as the Hilux.

Have you seen the new one? It's almost the size of a Tundra. It's gotten so big since it's introduction back in the 60s as the Hilux.

Gonna wait a while for Wikipedia to load so I can look at the sizes. I've seen a brand new Tacoma and it looks a lot smaller than a Tundra to me.

Gonna wait a while for Wikipedia to load so I can look at the sizes. I've seen a brand new Tacoma and it looks a lot smaller than a Tundra to me.

But still, i think it's still too big for Japan. The 60s-80s Pickups are fine for the roads of japan, but the new Tacoma just still seems a bit big.

But still, i think it's still too big for Japan. The 60s-80s Pickups are fine for the roads of japan, but the new Tacoma just still seems a bit big.

Then how would a Tundra fit in?

System: Thinkpad T460

Yeah the 2015s are creeping up on Tundras but they're still quite a bit smaller. It's trying too hard to compete with the Colorado. :/

Yeah the 2015s are creeping up on Tundras but they're still quite a bit smaller. It's trying too hard to compete with the Colorado. :/

I don't think so. American trucks can't do as well offroad as the Tacoma.

See.. it wouldn't. :lol:

It's worse with american trucks, espcially the dually diesel trucks.

I don't think so. American trucks can't do as well offroad as the Tacoma. k

It's worse with american trucks, espcially the dually diesel trucks.

Well duallies are kinda designed to be huge for a reason..

So in the past few pages I didn't see any "hey look at my cool car" posts, but I mean, why not be that guy...? lol.

So I ordered my car custom from Ford, simply to get it in grabber blue, base as base can get, v6 with a stick. There was literally one other one in the country, they were not easy to come by. So, 4 years ago I took delivery of the “blue beast” I didn’t come up with the name, buddy did, but it stuck!

So at first I was all about doing it the “need for speed way!” as in throw power at it till you can’t. And that lasted about 3 years until I ran out of bolt on mods, got my intake manifolds ported and polished which completed the throwing power at the problem issue. A few months after that I ended up throwing some 3.73’s in the rear end, up from stock 2.73’s which made one hell of a difference, and a drive shaft shop aluminum one piece came with that to make sure I don’t kill myself since the stock shaft is good at exploding past 135 mph once you have more gear in the car. Like I said, at this point it was fast enough, so I was happy.

About a year before I put some lowering springs on it, and maybe a month before my 3.73’s I put a strut tower brace on it. But at this point I was starting to get into autocross, and well, the rest is history. Finally ponied up for some Koni yellow adjustable struts/dampers, J&M CC plates, lower control arms with relocation brackets, some 19x9.5 rims with 275/40 R19 BFG g-force sport comp 2’s and holy shit it’s a totally different car! I have a adjustable panhard bar coming this weekend as well, and soon I will throw on some new brake pads as those are still the crappy stock pads, they just won’t seem to die! So I am going to say fuck it and just get new pads anyways, I am over this mushy crap.

Anyways, I feel like this was way to much explanation for the LTT forum seeing as this is a car, and not a computer… lol. Maybe I should make a “build log” for my car. Also, my dad recently got a 2015 5.0 track pack that we have taken out to buttonwillow and I have to admit, with just exhaust, tune and CAI on that thing, it really impressed me out there. The new stangs are seriously solid cars!

If anyone wants any more info, go ahead and quote me or PM me, I wasn't about to list out all my mods, but I am more than happy to help anyone who is interested. I have become extremely well versed with the 3.7 cyclone setup, and just S197 mustang's in general! 

Autocross video :)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

-snips-

I was never really a fan of the ultra thin, many blade grill but your Mustang looks pretty cool. I really like the old wheels on it. :o

I spy that red '15 too. :P

Any videos?

I was never really a fan of the ultra thin, many blade grill but your Mustang looks pretty cool. I really like the old wheels on it. :o

I spy that red '15 too. :P

I would LOVE a more open rousch style grill, but that requires getting a GT bumper, which will happen at some point... The front facia options for the v6 are VERY limited... 

And yea, my dad and I hand painted the blue into the old rims. They where plastidipped stock rims, but that got boring lol. It looked really good, but let me tell you, throwing these new rims on there changed EVERYTHING. Now when I look at it I seriously catch myself thinking damn thats a sweet ride, O wait, its mine. Like that sounds facetious as hell I know, but its true. I never expected to do as much to it as I have, and I never imagined a v6 mustang could be this bad ass.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

I would LOVE a more open rousch style grill, but that requires getting a GT bumper, which will happen at some point... The front facia options for the v6 are VERY limited... 

And yea, my dad and I hand painted the blue into the old rims. They where plastidipped stock rims, but that got boring lol. It looked really good, but let me tell you, throwing these new rims on there changed EVERYTHING. Now when I look at it I seriously catch myself thinking damn thats a sweet ride, O wait, its mine. Like that sounds facetious as hell I know, but its true. I never expected to do as much to it as I have, and I never imagined a v6 mustang could be this bad ass.

They make pretty decent power and you can get a lot out of them because they're pretty strong engines. :) Nothing like confusing someone with a V6 Stang.

The new tacomas are as big as my '02 Tundra, they're getting really big.

Oh boy, Ford is making another package the F-150 that sits above the Platinum trim..

I dunno how they intend to make a more luxurious F-150 for $60k.

They make pretty decent power and you can get a lot out of them because they're pretty strong engines. :) Nothing like confusing someone with a V6 Stang.

Yup, this is nasty for what it is. Few weeks ago I out pulled a Camaro SS (all I know is it had exhaust...) from a 70 roll and got him by a bumper at 120. I was very surprised! I know I could get one off the line because I have a serious gear and weight advantage, but from a 70 roll and never letting him get in front of me and just holding a steady lead till 120 (sure, a very small lead....) I was damn impressed with the little 3.7

Yup, this is nasty for what it is. Few weeks ago I out pulled a Camaro SS (all I know is it had exhaust...) from a 70 roll and got him by a bumper at 120. I was very surprised! I know I could get one off the line because I have a serious gear and weight advantage, but from a 70 roll and never letting him get in front of me and just holding a steady lead till 120 (sure, a very small lead....) I was damn impressed with the little 3.7

I wonder what would happen if you put 4.11s in it.