New PC? No startup?

relwof
Go to solution Solved by relwof,

I have just contacted ASUS, thanks everyone for their help :)

This is an X79 build. There is no Intel graphics.

If any one of the RAM sticks are DOA (which would be rather unfortunate), the system wouldn't boot if the dead stick were installed. Changing which sticks are installed should allow you to verify that.

Ive left in one stick, it still says 61 

'61-NVRAM Initialized': NVRAM is non-volatile RAM or basically flash memory. It sounds like your BIOS may be corrupted. Maybe try reflashing it, or press the 'Clear CMOS' button.

Ive left in one stick, it still says 61 

Try clearing the CMOS. (there should be a page in the manual about how to do this. I believe there's a CLR_CMOS button on the motherboard)

Edit: Ninja'd.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

'61-NVRAM Initialized': NVRAM is non-volatile RAM or basically flash memory. It sounds like your BIOS may be corrupted. Maybe try reflashing it, or press the 'Clear CMOS' button.

with everything back in? all ram sticks back in?

with everything back in? all ram sticks back in?

I'd still just leave one in, reduce variables.

I'd still just leave one in, reduce variables.

nothing changed, I may have pressed Mem OK button and bios switch button?

hey guys, my ram is a different sort 9I forget) so would pressing the mem OK button work?

nothing changed, I may have pressed Mem OK button and bios switch button?

May have? Mem OK should do a small diagnostic test on the installed RAM and lights up an LED somewhere near the RAM slots on the board (at least that's how it works on my ASUS X99 board). Your RAM is on the QVL for the board? Check this if you're unsure: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/Rampage_IV_Black_Edition_DIMM_QVL.pdf

And what is the BIOS switch button? Do you mean the clear CMOS button? Press and hold the little red button just to the right of your RAM slots while the board has power. It should try to reboot. If that doesn't work, I'd probably make a call to ASUS. Like I said, 61 is NVRAM initialization started, but it's not getting beyond that. So something is obviously hanging with the flash storage of the board...which likely means the BIOS..

May have? Mem OK should do a small diagnostic test on the installed RAM and lights up an LED somewhere near the RAM slots on the board (at least that's how it works on my ASUS X99 board). Your RAM is on the QVL for the board? Check this if you're unsure: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/Rampage_IV_Black_Edition_DIMM_QVL.pdf

And what is the BIOS switch button? Do you mean the clear CMOS button? Press and hold the little red button just to the right of your RAM slots while the board has power. It should try to reboot. If that doesn't work, I'd probably make a call to ASUS. Like I said, 61 is NVRAM initialization started, but it's not getting beyond that. So something is obviously hanging with the flash storage of the board...which likely means the BIOS..

Before i contacted the forum I pressed the bios switch button (my board has muliple bios) and I thought that was the issue. I will call ASUS if I dont rectify the problem using the forum

Before i contacted the forum I pressed the bios switch button (my board has muliple bios) and I thought that was the issue. I will call ASUS if I dont rectify the problem using the forum

Also the RAM is on the QVL

Ooh, is it one of the LN2 BIOS switches? It's possible something went wrong switching between the two... You're sure you're on the default BIOS?

Ooh, is it one of the LN2 BIOS switches? It's possible something went wrong switching between the two... You're sure you're on the default BIOS?

not completely sure which one

and? what did they say

What did they say ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They haven't responded yet :/ I could not find a telephone number, just an email :(

• 4 years later...