[HEXGEAR] | IDORU |

B NEGATIVE

Looks really nice.

And my vote goes to leaving the RAM as is.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I cant remember if I asked you earlier or not, but what camera and lense do you use?

My 800D buildlog

DSLR: Nikon D5100/kit lense + batterygrip

• 4 weeks later...

So....

I have been quiet...for a good reason tho!

The res has been machined and is back!

Its still in the polishing phase to get rid of the mill marks on the inside,im using Lowfats acrylic polishing guide for this,you can find it using OCN search.

I know you were all expecting pron pics but they will come when its finished.....anyway...TA DAAAAAAH!

zD1a61G.jpg

7sm8k6c.jpg

The XSPC rads have been base coated,one was white and the other was black,couldnt get the silver ones I wanted with the bare core sadly.....

gMv6k1S.jpg

Everything fits just so,not much space wasted here!

su7Dqzj.jpg

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Amazing work yet again @B NEGATIVE. I love the case, it's a neat little package with plenty of options for the modder or enthusiast alike. On a side note, keen to know how you set up your photography shots such as lighting and settings. Keep up the great work, look forward to further updates. +1

Amazing, love the COPPER!!! (Copper is love, copper is life) it looks so good. I had completely forgotten about this build. Looks great as always @B NEGATIVE, Can't wait to see this finish.

Yeah, that reservoir looks awesome, plus the fitment of the radiator looks perfect.  :)

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18 

Amazing work yet again @B NEGATIVE. I love the case, it's a neat little package with plenty of options for the modder or enthusiast alike. On a side note, keen to know how you set up your photography shots such as lighting and settings. Keep up the great work, look forward to further updates. +1

A very simple setup...

4NSaegm.jpg

Cam settings are ISO 100 and wide aperture or the AV setting on your camera. Long exposure with a tripod.

Amazing, love the COPPER!!! (Copper is love, copper is life) it looks so good. I had completely forgotten about this build. Looks great as always @B NEGATIVE, Can't wait to see this finish.

There is an update for this weekend,more modding to do first.

That is a very creative reservoir placement, I don't think I've ever seen one like that. :o

Yeah, that reservoir looks awesome, plus the fitment of the radiator looks perfect.  :)

Good,this build will have a few things not seen before.

The rads fit in there soooo well,there is not a fingers worth of space between the board and the rad,makes it look compact and purposeful.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

@B_NEGATIVE thank you very much friend, for the "photo booth" display/setup, along with camera settings.

No problem,good looking pictures will be within your grasp if you do some research.

• 3 weeks later...

K5D1qT1.jpg

Ph3yL1i.jpg?1uiPnwTZ.jpg?17QNRkxT.jpg?1BOyKpMn.jpg?1Ww4U6Iv.jpg

I think of religions as franchise operations. Like chicken franchise operations. But that doesn't mean there's no chicken, right?

WILLIAM GIBSON, No Maps for These Territories

I know...I know.....

I have been busy with the EK build,but trust me,things have been going on in the back ground.

Namely....painting the GPU blocks and the XSPC AX rads.
The blocks started out clear and originally were just due a copper flake dusting and a clearcoat,sadly i underestimated the drag clear would have on flake and it pulled it. So that means a sand back and going with the case colours.
In this instance,black metallic,deep candy blue and copper flake.
The STRIX logo was infilled with copper electrode film.

They still need a little cutting back but the 1k Smart Acrylic I use takes an age to fully cure.

hQuT1mb.jpg?1

The rads got the same treatment too.

fqBr2RS.jpg?1

pcfQNnq.jpg?1

The EK build is due to finish very soon so I can get back to this beauty. I have to make the copper backplates and wrap overs yet for the GPU's,but at least I can block the cards now .

On the subject of paint,I have been asked a few times now for a spraying guide,I have just ordered a new LVLP gun which could be brilliant for hobby painters,low compressor requirements and very low material loss being the highlights.
When it comes,I will demo it.

How did you paint the radiators exactly?

Where'd everybody go?

I think the paint looks great man, metal flakes seem to be the in thing atm haha. I certainly won't complain about that, looks awesome.

I had my paint LONG before Snef....... :P

• 1 month later...

So,now HeretEK is finished and fettled,my attention turns to IDORU. While polishing the res,I thought I would look at the matt black acrylic parts HEXGEAR sent to replace the unwanted white panels.

Looks bloody evil,If I was buying one,black on black is where its at....

J6ttB3n.jpg

Had my week off now its BACK TO WORK!!

I have been going great guns with the etching/patination for IDORU's GPU backplates.

Didnt come out exactly as planned,the mask was to small in some places to resist the chem assault and there was some bleeding during the deep etch process.

To make my life a bit simpler,Im going to do it the other way around,having the font and figure as the etched pieces and scaling them up more. This should prevent mask loss.

The next,and hopefully final,set of back plates will be lasercut rather than the handcut ones I made,I also need to get them cut from the same sheet,one plate was done in 2 hrs...the other is still 'cooking' now.....20hrs later. This can only mean the copper grades were significantly different,something I wish to avoid.

As a proof of concept,im liking the effect,will look significantly better once there is a deep gloss clear over the whole piece,it will give depth.

Chemicals used: 32% HCL with a 3% Peroxide kicker for the etching (50/50). 25% Ammonia and sea salt for the patination.

The polished plates ready for the dip.

1idGX5k.jpg

'Flush yaw rads meester?'

PpFnSi0.jpg

DYjbJsu.jpg

f89AVPt.jpg

You can see the bleeding from the HCL,nice if you want the antiqued effect but I want a clean,purposeful look.

Cool, great to see the build progressing. I like the look of the bleeding form the HCL, but it won't suit the build :(.

nice progress, really like that finish on the backplate. though I have to agree, doesn't quite suit the build  :D

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18 

A little teaser of the paint....

The copper flaked panels need another 3-4 coats of clear as yet to smooth out the granulation from the flakes tho,they are not ready yet.

o7AQc7l.jpg

OdZbELl.jpg

ieuAWUO.jpg

1Zr8tSi.jpg

So boss......so Gangster....

m1rkGgR.jpg

If the clear has cured enough for handling then I may build it up tomorrow for a look at how it all gels together.

It's beaut  :wub:

A nice and slow day for me today.....

rEmOhIn.jpg

Oh dear god that paint and etching :o

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.