[HEXGEAR] | IDORU |

B NEGATIVE

Sounds cool

I see what you did there...

Torn between this and another Parvum build for my next build. Will follow closely!

Custom Watercooled Parvum Systems S2.0: Vulpes

Combining spare parts into something worthy: Frankenstein

BitFenix Phenom gaming powerhouse: Blood in the Snow

Cd5hVqf.jpg

Y8vzv8u.jpg?1aXkhrOR.jpg?1NQZ2ILZ.jpg?1

The 2mm laser cut copper panels are back and the first of the sanding passes has been done just for some pics....

A LOT more polishing to come yet,along with a cut copper top panel.
For me...this is pron.....
JyZkbK4.jpg
WFWKImq.jpg
acs2Bec.jpg
H3Br1gj.jpg
73LWcxy.jpg
tjJ2xlk.jpg
wq8oCcm.jpg
wnWNbF8.jpg
Now im focusing on the res and the accent pack that I want...white is doing nothing for me......
"Addictions ... started out like magical pets, pocket monsters. They did extraordinary tricks, showed you things you hadn't seen, were fun. But came, through some gradual dire alchemy, to make decisions for you. Eventually, they were making your most crucial life-decisions. And they were ... less intelligent than goldfish."
WILLIAM GIBSON, Zero History
Copper is <3

Torn between this and another Parvum build for my next build. Will follow closely!

Does that help you at all?

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Really nice build, looks awesome with dat copper  :)

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18 

Cd5hVqf.jpg

Y8vzv8u.jpg?1aXkhrOR.jpg?1NQZ2ILZ.jpg?1

The 2mm laser cut copper panels are back and the first of the sanding passes has been done just for some pics....

A LOT more polishing to come yet,along with a cut copper top panel.

For me...this is pron.....

JyZkbK4.jpg

WFWKImq.jpg

acs2Bec.jpg

H3Br1gj.jpg

73LWcxy.jpg

tjJ2xlk.jpg

wq8oCcm.jpg

wnWNbF8.jpg

Now im focusing on the res and the accent pack that I want...white is doing nothing for me......

"Addictions ... started out like magical pets, pocket monsters. They did extraordinary tricks, showed you things you hadn't seen, were fun. But came, through some gradual dire alchemy, to make decisions for you. Eventually, they were making your most crucial life-decisions. And they were ... less intelligent than goldfish."

WILLIAM GIBSON, Zero History

Copper is <3

Does that help you at all?

Copper is love, copper is life.

I love how the copper looks even now I would be happy with that. It don't need no polishing.

Really nice build, looks awesome with dat copper  :)

More copper to come and,my party trick,paint work.

The copper. Its so beautiful. If I did just that to the case I would be Happy.

No...MUCH more to come...

How about a custom res behind the front panel.......

Copper is love, copper is life.

I love how the copper looks even now I would be happy with that. It don't need no polishing.

The copper has another few processes to go thru before its finished.

Then its being mirror polished.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Those RAM heatspreaders are complete insanity.

Copper looks really good mate!

You're getting a lot better at taking and working with your photos as well!

Yeah,I finally worked out my lighting requirements and the positioning of them.

The last ones where top lit,I think that style suits me.

Yeah,I finally worked out my lighting requirements and the positioning of them.

The last ones where top lit,I think that style suits me.

Looks really good mate, well done.

This looks so nice, even though it's only just started, I'm guessing the waterblocks will have copper on them too? is this going steam punk or just simple sleek copper?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

More copper to come and,my party trick,paint work.

No...MUCH more to come...

How about a custom res behind the front panel.......

The copper has another few processes to go thru before its finished.

Then its being mirror polished.

I know that you have a lot more thats going to be added. I would just be happy the case as it is right now.

Blarg

This looks so nice, even though it's only just started, I'm guessing the waterblocks will have copper on them too? is this going steam punk or just simple sleek copper?

No steam punk here...more future retro like the feel of William Gibson's books.

• 2 weeks later...

Cd5hVqf.jpg
Y8vzv8u.jpg?1aXkhrOR.jpg?1NQZ2ILZ.jpg?1x7wiRRX.jpg?3

“If you’re fifteen or so, today, I suspect that you inhabit a sort of endless digital Now, a state of atemporality enabled by our increasingly efficient communal prosthetic memory. I also suspect that you don’t know it, because, as anthropologists tell us, one cannot know one’s own culture.”
― William Gibson

The good folks at Be Quiet have been busy bees and sent me the PSU and fans for the build,I chose the Silent Wings 2 and a Power Zone 1000w for this,both products have exactly what I need,bomb proof quality and a nice spec sheet!

Start with the fans?

These are 120mm Silent Wings 2 fans,PWM and open cornered with a plethora of bits in the box,I have opted for the single side mounts as the rads will be inside the case with the fans in the bays.

Specs:
Fan speed @ 12V (rpm)
Air flow @ 12V (cfm, m3/h)
50.5 / 85.8
Air pressure @ 12V (mm H2O)
Noise level @ 12V (dB(A))

kVWGMMu.jpg

Agqinrf.jpg

H5hYKqb.jpg

cAaHjLl.jpg

m6XIhYK.jpg

zLgQqZ8.jpg

08p235W.jpg

jgHYbQd.jpg

And the PSU,the same one as I used in the EK build I have going an and CLOS3 IMPACT although i used a 750w for that one.

aYWPF8L.jpg

zcBVY29.jpg

GwSn8oW.jpg

okG2mwU.jpg

WwMwKSf.jpg

The hardware is in and has been tested,not aircooled for years too,I had to go and buy an aircooler can you believe! Not one in the house! The Bitspower package is on route from the ever fantastic team at Bitspower tho so it will be coming off again really soon!next up is the res and acid etching!

“I'm away for a while. But there's no cash on the premises, no drugs, and the pitbull's tested positive. Twice.”
― William Gibson, Pattern Recognition

Oh man, this hexgear build just became my favorite. I <3 be quiet!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I spent the morning in the garden with quantities of HCL and peroxide,20 mins of stirring later and the test pieces are ready to look at.

GLnqsE2.jpg

9GkBS0p.jpg

eyFPDHg.jpg

v97whXS.jpg

Its about .015mm deep right now so the exposure time needs to go up to around an hour to get the effect im looking for.

Once I have achieved the depth I want then I can go on to the next step

Oh man, this hexgear build just became my favorite. I <3 be quiet!

how can u be a bequite fanboy with 3 nf-f12 xD  :P  ;)

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

how can u be a bequite fanboy with 3 nf-f12 xD  :P  ;)

They were 10 bucks

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

They were 10 bucks

I also have NF-F12s xD wow thats a great deal was just wondering

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

K5D1qT1.jpg

Ph3yL1i.jpg?1uiPnwTZ.jpg?17QNRkxT.jpg?1BOyKpMn.jpg?1Ww4U6Iv.jpg

You know what your trouble is?... You're the kind who always reads the handbook. Anything people build, any kind of technology, it's going to have some specific purpose. It's for doing something that somebody already understands. But if it's new technology, it'll open areas nobody's ever thought of before. You read the manual, man, and you won't play around with it, not the same way. And you get all funny when somebody else uses it to do something you never thought of.

WILLIAM GIBSON, Burning Chrome

The loop has arrived from the team at Bitspower,my gratitude to Lily and Vincent @ Bitspower for their continued assistance with what I do.

One of the reason i chose the GENE is for that really good looking 'full cover' mobo block they do.

0XhD0qu.jpg

6JdKVfc.jpg

1KVyPly.jpg

Under pinning all that is the Summit Cpu block and a beastmode VRM block,very well finished in the usual Bitspower way.
That is to say,very well.

KQMAoh1.jpg

Now you cant have Bitspower and not talk fittings.

I went with the Carbon Black fittings and the Enhance compression fittings,to me the best looking fitting Bitspower makes,here is a selection of what Im using.
More eagle eyed members will no doubt question my use of angled fittings when I could easily bend it, recently I have come to like a mix of styles,not all bending and some strategically placed fittings works wonders for cleanliness.

ToGx5Pg.jpg

hjcpSl5.jpg

RtT7JPy.jpg

TLllA3k.jpg

tvo5cJY.jpg

Xho1DAK.jpg

ZEwmO7F.jpg

And watercooling the ram,not a necessity but, coupled with that mobo block, should look pretty good.

jh0sOAQ.jpg

g8l9P2T.jpg

ogMfWDe.jpg

Q0uLLqX.jpg

X23Oyzz.jpg

BO77htc.jpg

Then we come to the GPU blocks,not a hard choice,a plain slabsided look makes a nice canvas to mod on,copper panels will be made to fold over and cover most of the plexi up,leaving space for the back light from the LED holes in the block to shine thru,a kind of evolution from the GPU block in CLOS3 IMPACT.

bmGZAL0.jpg

EwHfK8C.jpg

4boPEl3.jpg

Finally! Discreet logo's!

5zCJMPt.jpg

They also come with backplates....

bCZlPLi.jpg

I have a pair of D5's going spare so......yeah.......

RufM7G0.jpg

mZ8ev6w.jpg

No 24v this time tho.....

Looks like my weekend just got full......

My first impulse, when presented with any spanking-new piece of computer hardware, is to imagine how it will look in ten years’ time, gathering dust under a card table in a thrift shop.

WILLIAM GIBSON, Distrust That Particular Flavor

LFnMXyj.jpg?1

DhLJ2GM.jpg?1aaEUTB8.jpg?1bbyUyl9.jpg?1KSJOjzR.jpg?1cOk7CbR.jpg?1

“Because he had a good agent, he had a good contract. Because he had a good contract, he was in Singapore an hour after the explosion. Most of him, anyway.”
― William Gibson, Count Zero

Today is block the mobo day.

The bare board in all it glory!

LRUZD9j.jpg

MmFA85v.jpg

You would not believe the effort required to get the chewing gum off of the SB.......

sNI8P4S.jpg

The VRM looks almost bare....but purposeful.

r5nLGrk.jpg

Blocks on!

Even without the cover block,it looks tidy and close fitting

6rOuWAW.jpg

If I can strip the nickel,or more likely,find someone else to do it (Nickel stripping is just toxic nasty) then the top cover may be left off. Otherwise all the nickel will be black painted except in the waterchannels for all the blocks,nickel is not going to work in the is build.

D7o287M.jpg

This panel will be laser cut in copper I think....

9CkGIGA.jpg

And with the distribution block fitted.....looks heavy....because it is. xD

i8Xgeb1.jpg

Now Im torn on the decision to watercool the RAM,it looks really good as it is, a very good match to the block setup.

Post you own thoughts on that....

Jemy8cT.jpg

EefvSFp.jpg

And back in the rig with the cards in.

VTKWZjj.jpg

BUtt3VC.jpg

kq4dhRB.jpg

QNGka7T.jpg

nR8fLRu.jpg

The blocks themselves are easy to fit,no struggles nor mis-alignments to report.

There will be a copper shroud covering most of the top of that acrylic block covering the whole of the I/O,folded down both sides,cleaning up the silver ports out of the way.

“Take me home," she said, and the words hit me like a whip. I think I shook my head. "Take me home." There were levels of pain there, and subtlety, and an amazing cruelty. And I knew then that I'd never been hated, ever, as deeply or thoroughly as this wasted little girl hated me now, hated me for the way I'd looked, then looked away, beside Rubin's all-beer refrigerator.

So--if that's the word--I did one of those things you do and never find out why, even though something in you knows you could never have done anything else.

I took her home.”
― William Gibson

Wow, those blocks look so cool. Really liking what your doing here xD

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18 

Looks nice. Personally I dont care for that huge coverblock.

Blarg