Godlike Asus GTX 750 TI

Tenge500

This is like selling your donkey and getting a brand new Prius, and then thinking that it's a Ferrari. Pretty similar story imo.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

This is like selling your donkey and getting a brand new Prius, and then thinking that it's a Ferrari. Pretty similar story imo.

Which one of the two is better on gas lol ;) ?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

My HD7770 can completely max GTA IV and EFLC... It isn't a demanding game anymore, just really demanding from those computers built in that time.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I just cannot believe that the CPU is not bottlenecking the GPU big time, especially in something like GTA IV. I have a Phenom X3 8750B and a GTX 650 and GTA IV is a mess, CPU is maxed out around 90-100% on all cores with GPU sitting at 40-60% the whole time. I can sure max out the game but I have to turn down the view distances and detail distances due to the huge CPU bottleneck. I have no idea how are you running it maxed on a Core 2 duo which is worse than my CPU.

Hint, its not the graphics card getting bottlenecked, its because that CPU is so slow.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

meh, my hd7850 is same price, but better

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah whatever, bag. This card is godlike to me. Can you imagine how awesome it is to play games with more than 10 av fps?

Yeah whatever, bag. This card is godlike to me. Can you imagine how awesome it is to play games with more than 10 av fps?

Yep, the 9000igp couldn't even play halo PC at more than minimum settings (safemode), and it always locked up 5-15 minutes later, and a NVS 110M sucks for games period.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah, I never owned one but I think it's a great card. I pretty much recommend that 750ti to anyone wanting to get into PC gaming that is on a budget, it's not too expensive and kicks ass. I pretty much tell all my friends who want to upgrade off of integrated graphics to pick one up. 

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Your 8400GS is a 7 year old entry level card with 512MB of GDDR2.

Replacing it with any modern mid-range card is going to feel like your first day out of prison.

LOL, I know what you mean. I went from an 8400GS (don't laugh, wasn't a gaming rig) to an R9 290.

I went from an 8800Gtx to a Gtx560 (this was years ago), and for months I thought the card was a beast because I could game at 1080p and keep framerates in games like skyrim above 30 fps... ignorance is bliss. Still though, the 750 Ti is a great card to throw in a junker and have a decent console-like gaming experience. I find it overpriced here in Canada though.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR