Godlike Asus GTX 750 TI

Tenge500

I just wanted to let you guys know that this card "asus gtx-750ti oc 2gb gddr5" kicks ass. By kicks ass I mean it's literally the best upper mid-category card in terms of price/performance that you can get, like ever. I haven't over-overclocked it but yet it works like a charm. Best card, ever, folks. It doesn't get too hot but a little warm and it cools down pretty damn fast, too!

Look at my pc's specs. It's bullsh*t. Everything's outdated, everything's ultra mega slow. It's an 8 year old rig excluding the psu and the vid card ofc.

GTA IV (EFLC) runs smooth @ 1080p everything maxed out. Even anti aliasing is x16. Even with raining weather it runs smooth af.

(I'll try BF4 too and show you guys benchmark results)

The point of this thread is:

If you have an old system (similar to mine) you SHOULD buy this card and PSU to experience a HUGE performance increase graphics and fps wise.

Just a suggestion.

:)

This belongs in the Graphics Cards section. I'm moving the thread.

Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

Also, inb4 'the 270 is better'.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Also, inb4 'the 270 is better'.

i almost did when i realized that power draw is a thing :)

and with older computers its not big diff anyway.

750ti isnt that great of a card.  :lol:  Id love to see some benchmarks. Id be surprised if that cpu isn't a huge bottleneck. Hell with a new cpu you'd prob think the same thing  :P

Edit: Your using xp still also?  :o  :lol:

i almost did when i realized that power draw is a thing :)

and with older computers its not big diff anyway.

The 270 can run off of a good 350w and is better than the 750 Ti enough to matter being just that bit more powerful than the 265. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Nice glad you're happy with it. I felt the same way about when i bought a HD 7770 for my computer that had a athlon X2 and 4GB of DDR2 ram. I went from a lagfest in every game i played to being able to play pretty much anything i wanted at the low res i was using.

Edit: Follow your posts btw.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

It's a decent card but not the best in the 150$ price range r7 265 and r9 270 still beat it.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Cool story bro.

You need to tell me the model of that magical PSU that increases game performance.

And GTA IV is a 7 year old console port...

Sorry bro but I didn't mean to say that PSU increases performance. I mentioned that PSU because it's cheap and good.

And sorry but I had an iso 450pp psu with an msi nx8400gs 512mb and i never been able to enjoy games above 15 fps. Literally never.

Sorry bro but I didn't mean to say that PSU increases performance. I mentioned that PSU because it's cheap and good.

And sorry but I had an iso 450pp psu with an msi nx8400gs 512mb and i never been able to enjoy games above 15 fps. Literally never.

I think the psu is not the one to blame here ......

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

I was hoping to get a 750ti.. I made a topic about it. 

I am glad to hear news like this, but I have to wonder if my 200W powersupply can keep up guys? 

Okay whatever I am loving this card. If I were a video card too I'd want to SLI the 750 ti for sure.

Okay whatever I am loving this card. If I were a video card too I'd want to SLI the 750 ti for sure.

"If I were a video card"

what.

The 750 Ti doesn't support sli.

"If I were a video card"

what.

The 750 Ti doesn't support sli.

You just ruined a joke.

You just ruined a joke.

The typo hinted that English might not have been your native language so I thought I might have been missing something. It would otherwise be "If I was* a video card"

I just wanted to let you guys know that this card "asus gtx-750ti oc 2gb gddr5" kicks ass. By kicks ass I mean it's literally the best upper mid-category card in terms of price/performance that you can get, like ever. I haven't over-overclocked it but yet it works like a charm. Best card, ever, folks. It doesn't get too hot but a little warm and it cools down pretty damn fast, too!

Look at my pc's specs. It's bullsh*t. Everything's outdated, everything's ultra mega slow. It's an 8 year old rig excluding the psu and the vid card ofc.

GTA IV (EFLC) runs smooth @ 1080p everything maxed out. Even anti aliasing is x16. Even with raining weather it runs smooth af.

(I'll try BF4 too and show you guys benchmark results)

The point of this thread is:

If you have an old system (similar to mine) you SHOULD buy this card and PSU to experience a HUGE performance increase graphics and fps wise.

Just a suggestion.

:)

Deen there, done that with a gtx 970 OC'd and cpu at 4GHz, trust me when I say that the definately have life left in them, but if your going to use an old rig for games, make sure its got a quad core because duals do not handle new games that well (skyrim is OK, haven't tried BF4 myself but its designed for a quad core minimum).

Your 8400GS is a 7 year old entry level card with 512MB of GDDR2.

Replacing it with any modern mid-range card is going to feel like your first day out of prison.

That's what going from a mobility raedon 9000igp>quadro NVS 110M (cad graphics)>GTX 650Ti 2GB>GTX 970 is like, massive step up from card to card.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I just cannot believe that the CPU is not bottlenecking the GPU big time, especially in something like GTA IV. I have a Phenom X3 8750B and a GTX 650 and GTA IV is a mess, CPU is maxed out around 90-100% on all cores with GPU sitting at 40-60% the whole time. I can sure max out the game but I have to turn down the view distances and detail distances due to the huge CPU bottleneck. I have no idea how are you running it maxed on a Core 2 duo which is worse than my CPU.

The typo hinted that English might not have been your native language so I thought I might have been missing something. It would otherwise be "If I was* a video card"

If I "were" is also correct.

If I "were" is also correct.

Good point--my bad.

In my defense, it's 4am and I just finished my last day of the quarter.  :ph34r:

I just cannot believe that the CPU is not bottlenecking the GPU big time, especially in something like GTA IV. I have a Phenom X3 8750B and a GTX 650 and GTA IV is a mess, CPU is maxed out around 90-100% on all cores with GPU sitting at 40-60% the whole time. I can sure max out the game but I have to turn down the view distances and detail distances due to the huge CPU bottleneck. I have no idea how are you running it maxed on a Core 2 duo which is worse than my CPU.

Want me to record it using my mobile phone's camera to avoid fps drop? :D

Want me to record it using my mobile phone's camera to avoid fps drop? :D

Sure, run rivatuner with CPU and GPU usage + frequencies, because I'm having a hard time believing this stuff. Screenshots won't hurt either.

270/280 best mid range cards.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I´ve got an EVGA GTX750Ti in my HTPC (just a small Haswell i5 built)... that card will be replaced real soon.

I tested the GTX750Ti and OCed it and still... it won´t change the fact that it´s just a low end card. And if it´s not for a super silent built I´d rather go with a R9 270X same price and a lot more performance in 1080p.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling