Will this monitor be good for gaming?

PowerPigeon

So I'm picking up components tonight from NCIX, and I need to get a monitor as well. I've done a bit of reading so I kind of understand refresh rate and response time, but I've just noticed one of the reviews on NCIX notes a ghosting effect while gaming. Will this work, and if not, is there anything better around the same (CAD) price you can recommend? Thanks in advance!

Monitor: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs247hp

Edit: Alternatively, would this one work? Why does it have 2 HDMI ports?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Normally 2 HDMI ports means that it has different inputs, so you can plug in 2 different systems. i.e. a console and a PC.

I also recommend the Acers EarthboundHero did as well; they are very nice displays. I have an Asus MX279H monitor and I don't like it as much, just my opinion though.

Go for IPS, from a good brand, done. :)

They both work fine for gaming. I would go with the S24D590PL for the much better looking PLS panel.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I went into NCIX, but the smaller of the Acer monitors was on back order and wouldn't be here for a week and a half. I ended up getting the most comparable monitor that the salesperson could give me, it's an LG IPS 22". Thanks for all your help!