Someone tried to reinvent the keyboard (101touch , The new generation of keyboard)

ahhming

This is dumb....

Why pray tell?

Because any existing tablet/touchscreen is this...

Unless this is custom software that is being sold, it's completely useless.

you know what, everything this can do could be achieved by simple attaching a cheap android tablet to a pc to function as a touch screen. and then a regularly keyboard as well. wow all the features of a touch screen and all the advantages of a physical  keyboard

What advantages of physical keyboards does a touch screen offer ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

MISS TYPES EVERYWHERE!

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So let me get this straight: Touch based keyboard? Universal condemnation as horrible

Touch screen based interface right in front of your face as soon as the motherfucking OS boots? Get used to it! It's faster! Oh you can just disable it! I actually rather like Metro UI!

You're all fucking hypocrites.

What are you saying ? a touch screen keyboard is not the best idea.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Some of its uses are cool, but I could NEVER type on a touchscreen keyboard.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

What advantages of physical keyboards does a touch screen offer ?

no i mean you have an android tab attached and a separate physical keyboard attached

Not really a new concept. Acer released a laptop a while ago with two screens, the bottom one for a virtual keyboard, or any interface based on the application. 

Still, virtual keyboards will never replace physical ones for a while. It will take something far more radical to change the current method of input for computers. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Mechanical>Membrane>Touch>That god awful thing with the surface Tablet

Also i dont like the idea of holding your hand hovering ontop of the screen because you might touch it.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

i am sure that it wont replace keyboards but it may be usefull in some cases, who knows :P

no i mean you have an android tab attached and a separate physical keyboard attached

Okay.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Terrible How do you rest your fingers and thumbs and all 

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Kind of cool. I type relatively quickly on an iPad touchscreen (~80wpm give or take) so I can imagine if this keyboard is just as responsive as the iPads touchscreen it will be quite a joy to use. Clearly I type faster on my either of my mechanical keyboards, but sometimes I can't use those because I live in a dorm room with roommates. 

Edit: I just noticed its running android. That sounds problematic. I've never found an Android device that can keep up with my typing. Even my friend's Nexus 5's keyboard lagged compared to my typing when I tried it. And the Nexus 10 was nearly a joke as the keyboard was consistently a sentence and a half behind. 

I like how they tried to appeal to a few people by showing a Photoshop layout and a DJ layout. And as someone who has used a keyboard and mouse to control Virtual DJ (shitty software but the only thing I had at the time and the only thing the VMS 4.1 works nicely with.... ugh...) and now a controller..... like... maybe for a total noob or something but no. Either get good with VDJ's keyboard shortcuts or save up for a Numark Mixtrack Pro or other equivalent entry controller.

Also no, we don't need touchscreen keyboards... I don't look at my keyboard when I type except the times i'm bored and wanna see my fingers fly around the keyboard.

I actually think this is genuinely cool for me, even though it may harm my ergonomics because i am constantly straining my wrists.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I like the idea, but I hate the product. Obviously it's going to suck for typing, but I do a lot more than that on my keyboard. I can see it's potential when using it with specific pieces of software, especially with games. I really did like the custom key layout that it showed for WoW, and it would be a lot easer to just rest my finger on a specific spot rather than hold down the LMB for crazy amounts of time, as games like Minecraft of Diablo demand. It could also come in handy for making macros and getting around rebinding keys for games that don't allow that. But really the custom layout is a luxury I don't mind living without and if I wanted to I could create macros and work around the issue of games that don't allow key rebinding anyway. I also don't want a thing that big on my desk if I'm only going to use it for specific tasks. It would be fine if it was smaller, but then why not just make a tablet app instead?

This keyboard concept  is interesting but with what they have displayed this would only be useful as a supplementary device for applications that can have custom controls.

There is no future. Keyboards are the best input and I don't think we can get much better unless we go with full VR technology like in .hack.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

gaming on a touchscreen keyboard, id rather be gouging my eyes out with a toothbrush.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Check out our new wubwubwubwubwub, with over 100 wubwubwubwuwbwuwuwbwuwbwub many different interchangeable pa.... wuwbwuwbwubwuwbwuwb be part of the revo............ wubwuwbuwbwuwbwuwbwuwbwuwbub.

I can see this being a great augmentation of digital work spaces.  I can't really see it being any benefit to gamers* or typists, although to be honest the days of typing out text are limited due to voice recognition anyway.

*one exception might be spaceflight sims where tactile response is not necessary however one touch control of macros for docking, launch, trade and comms might actually be awesome. It'd be in addition to a keyboard and joystick/mouse etc anyway.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You can already do this on your existing ios/android device and it total sucks I can't believe anyone is actually going to buy this except for just typing word documents but then it would be better to get a cheaper normal keyboard. The problem is you cant feel the keys so you have to look at it all the time.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't trust it. I always worry about the software that kickstarter campaigns always promise since the team is normally so small and not always the focus. I'm also not too fond of the touch screen keys, but that doesn't mean that no one will want it.People can make the argument of typing on a touchscreen phone being normal, but the experience is so different that it's not really comparable in my mind.

I can see this being a great augmentation of digital work spaces.  I can't really see it being any benefit to gamers* or typists, although to be honest the days of typing out text are limited due to voice recognition anyway.

*one exception might be spaceflight sims where tactile response is not necessary however one touch control of macros for docking, launch, trade and comms might actually be awesome. It'd be in addition to a keyboard and joystick/mouse etc anyway.

It would be a nice gimmick for space sims but that is about it. No way I would trade my ducky for it but it might make a for a nice side panel in my "dock"

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090