Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

this would help alot in some Blender work I got cuz I can't buy video editing software so I use Blender VSE which is actually pretty damn good and unlimited in resolution for a freeware, just that the VSE doesn't use GPU rendering, slows down the process

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I would get a decent board, upgrade my system, and then produce music without worries since my system (cough* core cough* 2 duo) glitches all the time T.T

I've always wanted to stream or record games, but I've never had a powerful enough setup to do so. The i7-5820K would be my first component in developing such a setup.

Thanks Linus

I would like a 5820k cuz I can 8)

hating popular things as a personality trait is infinitely more cringe than liking things unapologetically

The X99 platform is so expensive! lol. I would use this to improve my video editing rates with my game recordings. I am the "Librarian" for my online guild so I take in lots of recordings and edit them down.

My Build | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151  | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4-2400 Memory | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB & 250GB, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM, HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB 7200RPM | Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB 100 Million Edition | Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Green) | Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 

Well, a 5820k is definitely overkill for a first build, but that's exactly what I'd be doing with it. Because buying an X99 motherboard and DDR4 i still cheaper than buying a z97 chip, motherboard, and DDR3. Hopefully it'd be just a bit faster than my i3-powered laptop. And maybe some of the games in my steam library would actually be playable.

I Would love to win the i7 5820K giveaway Because it would allow to a get a better PC before i start buying the parts for my new PC there for allowing me to save about £150 on the CPU and allow me to spend more money on the Graphics card instead.