Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

hah i would actually sell my whole system so i could use this and not replace it for 5 years (mainly because i woudnt be able to)

working in photoshop with images bigger than 3k is a nightmare

Hello nick,

You know.  I would think an administrator would be smart enough to leave the text color at automatic so that people using the night theme could actually easily read the post.  <_<

Anyway, I am a content reactor for YouTube an I wish to stream to Twitch, my current CPU (in sig) does not cut it for recording or streaming in high quality.  Especially with YouTube's new 60FPS.  This chipset would allow me to keep up with the new high quality standards on YouTube.

That is why I want to win.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

i would really love to win one i have been looking at getting one but its would be way to expensive for me to get it and i do a lot of milti-tasking and gaming

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

It would allow me to have expand-ability. With a processor like this, if I wanted to upgrade things, I most definitely wouldn't need to replace the CPU.

Gotta get that 6 core m8. :D

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

This giveaway is extremely awesome for Intel to do :D

I've been wanting to get an Intel CPU to replace my current AMD CPU, but Intel CPU's are really expensive! Especially for a good one which I plan to use for gaming, and content creation. This would be awesome to win so good luck to everyone :)

Count me in, Thanks Intel and LMG! I would use this to shave some money off my next build. :)

I'm going to start studying computer science next year, so this proccessor will be of great help for doing asignments 

I would like to win one!

I'm a video filmer/editor and have been wanting to build my own hackintosh system to play around with. This would be a very nice start! ;)

My brother is trying to get into YT with streaming and editing on a AMD FX4 platform and its cringe worthy. I'd use it as a gift for him most likely as my 4770k does me just fine. :)

It would be awesome to win, I could upgrade to x99 from my 6300, I would then use it quite a bit for blenders cycles rendering, as they haven't added amd gpu support yet. Video editing would be pretty awesome too.

Good luck everyone.

Oh man, I'd love to get an i7! I have an i5-2400 which isn't bad, but I feel like I could really use an upgrade. This wouldn't really be used for gaming as I can do that just fine, but a newer processor would definitely help when I'm making videos in Sony Vegas! This way I can make better videos in less time without as many hiccups.

Thanks for the giveaway guys!  :)

Lookie here, friend. Have a sig.

I would definitely be upgrading to an X-99 platform with this cpu!

I think it's about time I upgrade from my i7-920 on X58, and this would do it.

Aw man, This would be a huge upgrade to my Pentium quad core. I could finally stream.

this would help alot in some Blender work I got cuz I can't buy video editing software so I use Blender VSE which is actually pretty damn good and unlimited in resolution for a freeware, just that the VSE doesn't use GPU rendering, slows down the process

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

I was looking to upgrade my cpu and instead of buying a new one, why not enter for a free one right?

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I would get a decent board, upgrade my system, and then produce music without worries since my system (cough* core cough* 2 duo) glitches all the time T.T