Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

If I win this, I would use it to upgrade my gaming computer(it's been a year and a half of upgrading it already.) That would allow me to use my old CPU/mobo to build a family member a fairly decent gaming PC. Perfect way to get family converted into PC gamers.

For me, a 5820K would be the catalyst for building a new setup focused mainly on gaming and general multitasking.

I'd brag that i got Haswell-E and X99 instead of Haswell Z87/Z97 like all my friends have, Ugh. #6coremasterrace 

I would use it to build a second rig to gift to my buddy who is moving across the country.

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

This would be awesome because my wife does vlogs and make up videos, so this would make the editing portion faster (right now I have a 4770K that does not OC well).

If i win this would start my journey to build a new gaming/editing PC

My signature nuff said  

i am a Night user....

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I'd love to have 5820K because this will allows me to build a new PC configuration.

Would definitely give me a solid enough reason to upgrade my overall pc

Might slap this into the current rig, watercooling loop is down over the holidays anyhow.

I would definitely put more effort into making videos and streaming if I were to win this processor. I have recorded footage on my PC that has yet to be edited because I don't want to deal with the render times...

Would most certainly use the new CPU for twitch stream all of the latest and greatest games for my fellow man to enjoy.

Awesome! I've been playing a lot of games recently that I use shadowplay to record. I hope to have a more fuller and elegant solution, and I would use the processor to aid me in processing the videos I hope to upload.

Yesss. Would love to have one! Streaming and using Photoshop on this thing would be glorious.

I'd use it to improve encode times so I can run my massive bluray library through handbrake.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

More corez... i need diz for reasons :3

Guess it's about time to replace my old 2600k, that one can then go to my wife's computer :)

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

I'll be using the Intel 5820k for work and the many programs I must use simultaneously while working, so I can have a more stable and fast system. I really need this as I have a 5 year old Intel Wolfdale duo core chip. 

Hi Nick.

I would use it to build a dedicated Cinema 4D rendering machine. That way I can do something else on my main PC whilst I wait.

Chris.

It would be a good way to upgrade my full system so I can spend more money on a GPU.

If I won one, I would definitely be replacing my current Core 2 Duo. It still works for most basic things, but I am overdue for an upgrade.

I'm about to build an X99 machine, but the prices here at Hungary are crazy. Probably due to us having 27%! VAT. Yeah, it is the highest VAT of the entire freakin planet.