Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I would use it to do my next build and donate my current rig to my parents who are going through a rough time and can't afford to purchase a new computer right now.

Current Build - "Eden" CPU - i7 3770k at 4.5 Ghz, MB - Sabertooth Z77. Cooler - H110, GPU - GTX670 (2x in SLI), RAM - 16GB HyperX Blu, Storage - 120GB OCZ Vertex 3/ 2 Seagate Baracudda 2TB, Power Supply - Corsair HX850 Gold, Case - Corsair 750D, KB/M - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate/Razer Deathadder

Laptop - Alienware M14x  GT650M, Ivy i7, 16GB Ram, 500GB HDD

Wishing Everybody have a Safe holiday and a happy new year!

Cpu: Intel i7 3820 | Case: CoolerMaster Haf 922 | Motherbord: Gigabyte X79-Ud3Ram: Corsair Vengence 8gb | Video Card: Asus 560 ti

Power Supply: CoolerMaster 750w  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 

I'd use it to speed up my Android development process, better VM performance and better compile times will speed things up nicely. Currently AOSP takes about 20 minutes to compile on my machine, this chip could bring it sub-15 possibly.

I would buy a X99 mb and some nice ddr4. Getting a nice socket2011 setup I have been wanting so badly for so long.

If I win this then it will be time to retire my Phenom X6 (yes, haven't upgraded since millions of years ago) and finally have a great chip for doing my architectural visualizations and renderings!

Wow, what a great giveaway from Intel and LinusTechTips

I would probably use this processor to do more gaming and video editing. I've wanted to learn After Effects, but my computer currently can't handle it well

Oh boy what I would do with an i7 5820K

Get started on my long awaiting developing hobby, run all the latest games. Overlclock it, just play with the damn thing. This much power is something not to be reckoned with

Not only would getting a 5820k be a dream come true (would be upgrading from a terrible Pentium) but I would absolutely save up everything in order to make a rig for it and just live happily for the next 5 years. *Dreamy sigh*

The reason is simple, i'm currently planning to retired my aging 2600k system and upgrading to 5820k system. Winning this giveaway would cut me a quite significant cost :)

Awesome giveaway Linus, good luck all and happy holidays!

I would definitely replace my rampage IV with an x99 to get the extra benefit to my games, and then give my old motherboard and cpu to one of my friends

well personally for awhile now ive been wanting to expand my youtube channel :3 but first i need to replace my 3 year old laptop that i currently game/edit/render with, so yeah an i7 - 5820k would be a step up from my 2nd generation i7 laptop :P