Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I'd put it in a Mainboard. Maybe a mATX build :)

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Hey guys, thanks for having great give-a-ways!

If I were to win I would finally upgrade my aging core i7 965 that I bought 5 years ago for my gaming PC

Oh if I can get my hand on one of these I'd finally build my own rig. My current pc is 5+ years old now. gotta upgrade that old i7-920.

I would game and mod some 3D with that brand new rig :)

Keep the good work and happy holidays
to all the LinusTech team.

I would like to win this processor because I would never be able to afford it otherwise. What I would do is put it into a motherboard and use it until the thing just cant go anymore.

Awesome giveaway guys! :D

If I were to win, well, I'm more of a power user than a gamer so it'd be really nice to have the extra kick. As a highschooler very interested in everything technology, it would help me further my understanding in fields like software development, or setting up virtual machines to practice/learn security concepts by giving me the extra oopmh required for such a task.

Admittedly, I already have a nice system (i7 4770k), but it could never hurt to have a little more power! Plus maybe I'll finally have an excuse to scrap my current build and start fresh. :P

Yes please. It would make me upgrade so i can start with youtube. Where i game and make videos so people can watch! :D

I just want to finally play Battlefield 4 without spikes...

Never won a giveaway, but who cares? IT'S INTEL PROCESSOR HERE!!! WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Thanks a lot Linus!

It would be a perfect excuse for upgrading to X99, not that I need to, I just want to :D

It would be a amazing for rendering in after effects and Premiere for me, Thanks LTT!

Would love to upgrade to haswell-e, I would make a HTPC out of my current z77 platform.

I would love to have a new with that one! I fell needing some extra cores for streaming.. 

Red Darkness: PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition | CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K | COOLER: Antec Kuhler 620 | MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87 C2 | SOUNDCARD: Asus Supreme FX| RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 | GPU: MSI GTX760 2Gb OC Gaming | MONITOR: Samsung 19" 1440*900@75HZ/32" 1360*768@60HZ | HDD: Samsung 840 Evo 120Gb + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | MOUSE: Steelseries Rival + Steelseries QCK | HEADPHONES: Razer Barracuda 5.1 | SYSTEM: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 | WHEEL: Logitech G27

I would upgrade my existing PC and finally be able to play games with a decent frame rate with my friends!

Of course I would sell my old sandy bridge platform and buy a mobo for this monster. New graphic card also, gtx670 is still capable but it would be waste if i won't, wouldn't be? ; )

Hmmmm what I would use a 5820k for, most likely some extreme rendering in 3DS MAX since I am a student in a games design course.

Merry Christmas and good luck to all! :D 

I would use the 5820K for multi-tasking and video-editing and maybe a little bit for gaming.

Thank you for the giveaway!

I would like to win 2 core i7 5280k 6-core processor for gaming and recordings. If I don't win let the person be a lucky guy or gal.

Right now I'm stuck without a PC, and I am forced to use MacBook. Winning 5820K would allow me to speed up building my new rig : )

Been meaning to switch to Intel this year for better temps and a faster memory controller. Be nice having temps above 60 without worrying..

This would allow me to start stage 2 on my haf stacker super water cooling/server rig which involves the 2011-3 platform and lots of rads :D