I will be building a system for my dad

Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1231V3

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3h

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Video Cards: XFX HD 7850 Ghost

Monitors: 3x Acer 23" LED LCD

Cooling: Corsair H80i

PSU: Cooler Master 600 Watt

Would be great for the computer im trying to put together ... keeping fingers crossed :)

Woo! Giveaway!

I hope to be able to use the processor to upgrade my rig from a 3-year-old i5 to an i7 (along with a new motherboard) in order to stream, render videos, play video games.

I would probably use it for video editing since my current setup takes 30 minutes to render a 10 second effect.

I could use it for my re-building plan, since my main PC died 3 months ago and I'm surviving with a N2600 using a zombie disk. Also it would be nice to have an actually good processor (never had one, last was a Sempron140 :P).

Just put it into a computer...  Love to play games but can never play them on my toaster laptop.  So, I buy computer parts and pray to Linus that I get it :D

I actually got  a 1440p monitor for a video project that I have been trying to do with my local and former high school. Unfortunately my i5 4670k won't cut it in terms of video editing, so I started saving money to get start a workstation project. Currently i have a few items but I have not bought the motherboard, ram,processor and other smaller stuff. I did buy a 980 but davinci resolve is more than just cuda acceleration. I could easily buy memory and a 2011 -v3 motherboard, but the cheapest processor for that socket is way above my budget. 

x99 beauty i would love to win this cpu and make an awesome enthusiast build.

First off this would be awesome to win. But also, this would be the perfect excuse to build my computer. This would get one major part of my list

Throwing my name in the hat,

I would use this as an excuse to kick off a brand new PC build. 

Be super happy if I won... then I would have to get a new mobo.

I'd really like to build a new workstation for 3D and rendering around that Intel cpu.

good luck to all :)

With this, I'd be able to move my 3770 into my younger brother's system, which is struggling with only a 3220...
That, and it'd be wonderful to have for all of my virtualisation and video exporting needs.

(Sorry I only made an account for this; but I mostly use PCPartPicker and help out over there ;)

As a junior in high school with a fairly crappy DELL rig (Q6600, GT 640, 4GB RAM), I was planning on upgrading to X99 this Christmas with money on the inbound. Unfortunately I can only get the CPU, board (MSI X99S SLI), and 16GB of DDR4 along with a cheap temporary cooler.

If I were to get this for free, I'd be able to get an H100i and an Enthoo Pro on top of everything, and I'd actually have a functional rig. I'd be not only gaming, but doing content creation with Source FilmMaker, Hammer Editor (map-making), model-making, massive multitasking stuff (playing games while exporting multiple projects), using extreme graphics mods for Gmod and CRYENGINE, and helping out others on PCPartPicker. That's just the tip of the iceberg, as I haven't ventured into bigger softwares due to my crappy rig, and with this CPU, I could discover some things that I normally wouldn't have done.

I was tipped off on PCPartPicker of this, and I am happy that people are giving away great things on Christmas, such as these processors. Being-a-suck-up aside, I really love Linus and his crew, as LinusTechTips, HardwareCanucks, and NeweggTV are really the only YouTube channels I look at anymore for PC stuff, so keep up the amazing work you guys and gals ;)

hi teufel here,

if i win this. im going give away my 3570k  which does 5ghz @ 1.4v (its a beast chip) to my friend for his emulation machine. (ive started to stop emulating so it works out for the best of us)

Cheers to everybody whos entering.

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

Hi, we'll if I win this 5820k I will be more than happy to build my first system to replace my laptop.