Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

build a matx tower with it but like the others said, i never win.   :wacko:

I recently got an offer for an internship at IBM so i'd use it for work and for gaming!

Streaming and light video editing would be it's primary workload. The fx-4100 that I'm currently using can't keep up with what I demand of it.

I would just use it for more gaming and as an excuse to upgrade my current build even further. 

It would help a lot with 3D modeling and rendering. it would also fit great with my new build.

I would build a new workstation for my wife and steal my 4770k/z87 back for gaming. She uses photoshop, Zbrush, maya, and more to do artwork and design for the gaming industry as well as gaming on it when not working. I might need to invest in a quadro instead of geforce if it ends up being used for more demanding 3d like keyshot. I've been waiting to afford the parts for a new system and make a custom case to go with it.

:ph34r:  I need a cpu for my new build, it would be cool to win something i can't afford.

Well my birthday was on the 20th of this month so winning this would be awesome.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES!!!!

I'd build an SILENT mATX!

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I could say that I would use it for software development or video editing but let’s face facts, I would probably use it to emulate Pokémon Red version at absurd speeds. 

I have a 3570k ATM so, if I were to get a 5820k I would upgrade my platform.

For gaming. Obviously. ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Chris

I'd love to win an X99 chip. I have a Rampage IV Extreme sitting, collecting dust. Maybe it's time to get an X99 motherboard.

I would love to get that cpu, my render times in 3ds max would be reduced, it would certainly be better than my i3 530.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

i'd make sweet love to it down by the fire, then use it in an upcoming gaming/streaming build

With the 5820k I would be able to build the video editing machine that I want to use for doing school projects and game play videos. 

It would allow me to game more and perform more tasks on my virtual boxes that I use for programming and file forensics.

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

Im still running a i5 750 since ~2010. So a upgrade would be greatly appreciated.