Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

definitely would be upgrading my 2700k (and mobo I guess)

Well i was going to buy one....now i guess i'll just wait 

Linus Tech Tips!  You are all so amazing and I love all your videos, I have learned a lot.

With this processor I would finally build my gaming rig that I have been putting off for a while.  I would love to get into streaming content but it would definately help with video editing if that did not take off.

I would mostly be using it for gaming and for that it would last a long time, but i might try to do some advanced workstation stuff.

I use my rig for gaming and video editing. Winning this would be the give me the push to switch from buying AM3+ socket boards and switch to Intel. I always upgrade my system one part at a time so I have been using AMD for years since switching would require buying motherboard and processor at the same time or delaying using a shiny new computer part for months while I wait for a supporting component. 

My wallet is ready... for an x99 Board.

lolbrary.com_41967_1386353331.gif

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I've never won any hardware from anyone and I am in need of a new comp. My current rig is an Athlon 750k and a GTX 750 Ti.

I really want to go Intel but I just don't have the moneys. Thanks Luke and Linus, and thank Intel for this awesome giveaway!!!!!!!!!

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I would use this for gaming and video editing, also i am a huge tab fiend, and i'm saving for a 980 and cant afford a better cpu right now.

I would love to win a 5820k because I'm currently trying to build an editing rig for the Youtube channel i run with my friends.  

Hello, i would love to have the intel i7-5820k in a new rendering workstation, ive been trying to afford for a long time now! Btw, i watch all your videos- your my go-to guys when it comes to learning about stuff, thanks.

I have been using a pathetic old laptop for many years now, if I win a cpu it will alevate need to buy one in a new build and spend more money on a motherboard case.

i would use it in my next gaming pc, one that would be silence optimized

im dead irl

I would love to win a new cpu because I bought my current CPU 4-5 years ago.

I would use the 5820k to create an X99 system used for streaming, media creation, Photoshop, and programming. The multicore processor would be beneficial for these tasks  :)

GL to everyone in the giveaway and thanks for having this :)

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

This is the CPU i want for my first gaming/workstation rig and winning this will give me a great headstart to get the rest of the parts sooner!

Ive been using an I5 3570k its getting a little long in the tooth for my purposes and I would love to have a 5820k for my new build  :D

Will put it on my shelf next to my current computer and look at it every day for the few months it will take me to save up enough for a machine to put it in xD

Would be awesome not having to wait for videos to render anymore! Also would make my brother happy not having to buy a new CPU since he can use my old one instead :)

As I am currently working on C2D it would be pretty significant upgrade (even over my previous cpu, 2500K).

Usage: mostly games.

I have a fresh new gaming channel (in German language) and I would use the horsepower for video editing/encoding.

Oh man I would love to win this. I need to replace my cpu so I can get another gtx 970 w/o worrying about bottlenecking. Merry freakin christmas to whoever wins this.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Ever since the absolutely beautiful case that is the NZXT H440 came out, I've been dying to build a new PC with that case. However, considering how "future-proof" cases are, my 8+ year old Antec Twelve Hundred v1 is still serving me incredibly well. I felt as if it was simply a waste of money to buy a new case.

I tried to satisfy this longing by building a PC for my friend this Black Friday with the H440 but that plan went out the window when he told me he specifically needed an optical drive. No H440 for me. 

However, if I was to get a free i7 5820, that would be enough of a catalyst for me to just go out and build a brand new PC around it and with the case I've been wanting for so long.