Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I would probably get a ASUS X99 Mobo, rip out my 4690K and MSI Z97S Krait and give it to my brother whose currently using a POS laptop for minecraft and league so I can save him a fair bit of money.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Hi Nick!

I would use it to build a new pc and that would allow me to give my current pc to my sister. Good luck to everyone!

Hello! I would use this cpu to do some twitch streaming, which is hard now considering i have an amd 4100 4core OC to 4.3GHZ from 3.6 and it still get about 100% with certain games. Would be put to good use

It would be awesome if i won.

What i would do with it?

First we would go to starbucks to get a coffee (da!) later we would go see the new Hobbit and enjoy some over priced popcorn. around the evening time i would take her to a nice 5 star restaurant whee i would prose to here and we would spend the next 5 years together.Have microprocessor kids and live happily ever after.

No but seriously do a lot of multitasking starting to twitch having a metric butt ton of chrome tabs open and virtualizations im currently doing a x99 build and this would be perfect. if i got this i can buy my GTX 980 stix and be done.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I would fully redo my whole build. Invest in a X99 and DDR4 some new monitors and give my current computer to my friend. If I do win and if you read this I'd like to the know the best choice for a X99 board, and what DDR4 is the best value for what your pay for it.

This is spot on! As i'm about to start a gaming channel with a friend. So i guess i'll be using it for video editing and gaming, it'll be a VERY nice upgrade from my petty i3 2100  :D

I have wanted an enthusiast grade intel CPU for as long as I can remember, and here is my opportunity :)

I would build a nice gaming/video editing rig, then give my old computer to my wife so she can enjoy something better then her laptop.

Holy Balls.

It will be used for serious showing off and calling my mates' CPUs peasantry.

I would swap out my aging 8350 for the sexy beast :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I would love to build a new rig to replace my bottlenecked PC (lasted me 5 years, just now

started struggling on games , ie. bf4)

Id throw this into a mineral-oil build once I win the case from the other draw :)

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

Oh woah.

Personally, I would use this CPU in a rig I plan to use for high-load applications (mainly video rendering or BOINC) so my current one won't melt doing everything in the world that I do now.

This would be awesome for gaming, video editing and simulations & design with autodesk software!

Merry Xmas LTT! :D

Current rig: i7-5820K, R5E, 1070ti (windows), Radeon HD7850 (Mac), a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, running MacOS Mojave, Windows 10 + a bunch of debian servers on Proxmox KVM hypervisor

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2017

Previous projects: Razmac G5, Server, zenbox HTPC

See my GitHub profile!

A coder/modder from Finland