Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I'd like it because i'll be able to put my fx-8350 away get new motherboard, ram and improve perff when i'm editing video and stuff, cuz now its a messss!!

Multitask :)

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I would use a 5820k to help with multitasking whilst doing CAD design work for my field.

Thanks, Nick

Hi nick!

I entered this contest to help me replace my family's aging lga775 rig, which is 7 years old by now, I think.

I feel like a scrub for creating an account just for a giveaway, but i didn't even know there was a linustechtips forum. I would use the new chip as a starting block for a beefier rig and use my old components to build a htpc... probably.

hi i would use this to upgrade my rig to get rid of my cpu's bottleneck on games

if i won this cpu i could upgrade my workstation from a very sad core i3 4360 in my editing rig now i mostly reley on cuda support from my 2 gtx 590 and my quadro k4000 i got the (GPU's for free) and could not afford a i7 cpu but is has all ways been a dream and hope you can make it happen.

What a wonderful giveaway! I would love to have a 5820k for video editing :)

I need it for my new build soon, and it would be awsome to get a free CPU so I don't have to go short on that

Definitely gunna have to redo my liquid cooling setup and grab a new motherboard...and ram...but hell it will be water cooled and overclocked to the max. Then sadly, not exactly used for video editing, or much multitasking,  But I will be able to tell people "hey I got a 5820k...that's a 6 core..with ddr4!"

Me I would scrap my current 1155 rid and build around this cpu :P

I need a new computer for gaming and video editing, and being a six core hyperthreaded cpu, it would help a lot with editing.

-Hippeminecraft

I'd like the have the 5820k. I'll use it to listen the sound of the wales. They said if you receive this processor by winning a linustechtips giveaway, you will get vegan powers.

If I win I'm gonna add this to the mineral cooled computer that I will also win............

I would like to win this I would use it for gaming and playing moded games