Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

If I were to win the giveaway, the processor would be used for my first PC build. I was planning on building one for gaming early next year, but considering this is a 6 core hyperthreaded CPU, I'd make my first build a CAD workstation build.

Soon I'll be graduating with my AA in electro-mechanical design which requires the use of CAD software such as SolidWorks. Since SolidWorks is such a resource hog at times and can take advantage of hyperthreading (photo realistic part rendering for example) I'd make an X99 build and take advantage of DDR4 memory, of which SW needs plenty! I also do a fair amount of photo editing but not to the extent where this processor would be necessary.

I've been working with SW and AutoCAD for about 5 years now always on sub-par, pre-built machines and would love to change that!

Hi Nick

I would buy an X99 board and create my first enthusiast grade platform. There's some relatively inexpensive x99 boards to be had, and winning a 5820k would certainly cut out a significant amount of the cost.

This.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

I would be so happy and i would save it until i get money to buy a pc :D

I need them cores to make my lemmings go go!

I've been wanting to upgrade from my AMD processor for awhile now and this would help a bunch.

In.

And...errr... I'd just replace my current CPU with it. Not a surprise huh!?

I would love to have this CPU as it can let me try to experience the X99 chipset.

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

I'd use this cpu for an excuse to go to x99 and ddr4 for a replacement main cpu for my network editing setup for my church production group. I can dream now of editing and gaming simultaneously at blinding speeds. Then I look at my sandy bridge i5 and reality clicks back in:P

Definitely be using one of these as a start to a new multi-purpose rig. A little gaming here... A little Photoshop there... Some game dev and 3D modelling every now and again...

Id love to win a 5820k because it would give me the boost to finally get rid of my current 423 socket rig with my intel pentium 4. 

I would lobe to win this giveaway so me and my brother can game together!!! :)

I would love to win this... This would be a much faster computer that I am going to build soon.

i would use it to build myself an electric camel that 3d prints 

Nice giveaway! I'd make a Hackintosh out of it and have a nice editing rig.(desperately need one!)

Yes please! I'm sick of my CPU being a bottleneck in my system.

I'd sell the CPU and get an i7 4790k because it would cost more to build a gaming PC with x99  

I'm a freelance graphic designer and I want to venture into video editing because several clients have asked if I do that too. They wanted a 'one stop shop' to handle both, and unfortunately my old, trusty 2500k doesn't seem up to the challenge. The i7 5820k and the x99 platform in general would greatly help my business diversify and grow.

I would build my fiance a new system :) 

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

Well, first I'd get the 5930K out of my system, then bench the 5820K and finally build a system with it to replace my dad's Celeron system.