Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

5820k would go into my white themed build with the asus x99 mobo.

it'd be cool to finally win one of these contests!

Might give me a good reason to upgrade my rig!

I'm currently in the process of building my first custom built pc. My currently picked processor is the Intel i5-4440 and I plan on upgrading to an overclocking capable processor within the next couple years. I'm also entering the streaming world and this cpu would make this process easier.

I would use it in a new folding rig because moar cores and cure ALL the diseases.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Probably I will wait a bit of time for the Rampage V Gene (mATX), hopefully by that time 64GB of DDR4 (4x16GB) will not be too expensive. Add just one of the top tier video cards (a 980 Ti or Titan II Black maybe, because of the limited PCIe available lanes), then add a good quality sound card and a DVB-C tuner. And then just keep on doing what I'm doing now or will be doing then. Who knows? 

There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in your philosophy.

If I had this processor it would be a huge step in my upgrade rig and I can begin the hand-me-down process to the rest of my family.

I'd use that to build my own ultimate gaming pc... 5820k 16gb ddr4 and a pair of nvidia 970's or perhaps the next gen AMD if their any good.

I would add to my beginning build of x99 which I started last month. Would be great after Christmas present!

I'd love this CPU because I would upgrade my current setup so that everything would run smoother :D

I think I need one in light of my new job situation.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

I Newegg'd everything else for my X99 Solitaire build except this. I wanted to get the best price but am too much of a shut-in to go to Micro Center. Thanks Linus!

I would use the CPU to convince my dad that it is time for an upgrade.

would definitely upgrade to x99 and use my current cpu/mobo to use for a rig for my dad

:)

It's a good thing that we don't have to say anything in particular to enter because this post that basically says nothing wouldn't be a great way to enter the giveaway, I also like pie

and boobs

and guns

and computers

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Put it in a glass box and look at it while saving money for all the rest components to build a pc around it

Hey guys, I would love to get this CPU. I would use it for gaming mostly, and it would help me with animating. Thanks

I would use this for gaming, video editing, and 3D rendering as my first enthusiast build.

WOW that is soo perfect i was/am planning on rebuilding my pc from scratch, and this is the CPU i having being eyeing since it came out. If i win that's one less item off my shopping cart, this would go to some serious multitasking, (when i decide to stop playing games and actually do work, or do work while i game hehehehehehehehe).