Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

What I'll be doing ? waging war on the Lannisters of course 

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

This would advance my currently slow build by about 2-3 months and get a moderately better CPU there aswell!

My dad does video rendering and game development with UE4 and his current 4 year old rig with an i7 870 and a gtx 470 isn't going to last long, but we've invested in an evga gtx 970 to upgrade it, but a whole new x99 rig would be beneficial too :P

I'm temporarily residing in China as my dad works here to produce vids for them but we're also working on our own stuff with UE4 

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

If I won I would give the CPU to a friend of mine who wants to start a youtube channel

I need a CPU capable of over 20 tabs * 6 Chrome windows!

I'm a video editor and a 5820k would be an awesome upgrade from my current i5-4460. Gotta speed up those after effects render times....

I'd use it to fasten my picture and video editing process. My gaming experience would also be renewed, replacing my MSI TF2 GTX660OC with a 970-290X, depending on the price of either one here. Thanks guys! :)

Its a good ubgrade from the pentium prosesor i have naw :)  so i hope i win it end yes games end video streaming is gonna be nice to doo.

I just bought a 4790K, but heck I'll sell it in a heartbeat to get a new system on X99 if I win this :)

if i win this processor i would be building my first custom PC from scratch for games, streams, programming, rendering etc hehe

I'd put it straight in my gaming PC. A new mobo and ram would be required but it was time for an upgrade, anyway.

i would rebuild my gaming/streaming rig around the 5820k. amd works great for gaming, but doesnt handle as well while streaming it.

I'd like to stream. I just can't do it with my g3258. I was really hesitant of commenting due i would have to buy a new mobo, but worth it. Also should buy DDR4 ram.

I would get rid of my current computer and finally begin building something much better

I'd use it to write YouTube-comments and to play taxing 8bit games and to emulate old consoles.
I'm also probably going to watch one or more Videos on it and if I get it, I'll just watch 6 videos at once, because.

I would love this CPU to allow me to make my youtube videos more easily and allow me to potentially start streaming!

getting money for a new pc this christmas. this would be a great start^-^

I would build a new system and relegate my current mini itx rig to a living room pc :)

I do a lot of creative work.

Would love to finally have an upgrade.

6-cores = Set my video renders to MAZER BLAZER speed and get more done!

Current Build

4770K --- GA-Z87X-OC --- EVGA 780 Ti Classified --- 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

Windows 8.1 + A comically crashing OS X 10.9