Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Well I'd finally find an excuse to buy an X99 board and upgrade from my FX-6300

Would like to see if a better processor helps slice 3d objects for prints 

Would love to update from my x58 setup i have now.

Random number generator please pick me....

I think I would use it to replace the Phenom II 550 in my server.  

1 Timothy 1:15

currently is my PC amd based, so I would be very interested in intel processor for some comparison.

Hi...

What would I do with such a CPU? 
I've no idea. probably would gift it to my brother as he's the one to have money to buy everything else to assemble a computer...

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?

Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I could really use an upgrade! Thanks Intel! #pcmasterrace

Hello! I'm Jim, most people call me Murphy. I'd use a 5820K for gaming, most likely for games like star citizen, no man's sky, or classics like Rome:Total War, or Counter Strike. Some may think that classic gaming on something like that would be a waste, but for the sake of overkill, mods, or client-side server support, this would be perfect.

I would love to have this because pc master race and show console pleasants.

jk

I'd use to to for streaming & gaming  :) & of course benchmarking  ;)

I would set up a triple monitor setup and have all the multitasking.

With this processor i will finaly have the power needed to star my robot revolution and make my robot minions conquer the world... Nah just gonna game, a lot. 

I don't know what I would need this chip for...  Id just put it in a gaming pc and look like a boss.

Hi,

I'm currently modding an old case to have the feature's of a "gamer" grade case, yet i want it to look quite stealth

It's almost finished and it will need some hardware to go in it.

I really want to turn it into a beast of a pc but don't really have the money for it,

Yet with the cpu i will be able to afford a kick-ass graphics card,

16gig maybe 8gig's of ram (depends on the money),

250gig ssd and 1TB hard disk (which i will probably buy another ssd for to use as cache)

hopefully a fully modular power supply.

I'm not sure if i'm gonna go WC or AC i really like the look of big cooling fans so i will probably go AC.

it is made to be a really open case with a custom air filter so won't have problems with cooling and hopfully not to much dust!

And ofc. Loooooots of LED's :D

I am glad to see the contest for this is closing December 26 (boxing day) because that is most likely when I will be purchasing new parts for my rig.

I would switch from AMD to Intel, At least until there is a significant APU update. :P

(also i kinda feel bad for signing up mostly for this contest, but i supposed thats the purpose of hosting the contest here xD)