Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I might start building my pc that I've been wanting to do for a while now, but just never had the funds to do so.

I've been using my 2004 HP compaq laptop until now and have finally decided to take a step in the right direction, building a real pc. It'd be great if it could start here!

If I win the CPU, I would build my first gaming rig.  It would give me a better chance at building a great rig that I wouldn't normally be able to afford.

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

I would buy the ASRock z77 Extreme 4 motherboard and replace my A10-6800k so i can get better quality for my you tube. 

Roll!

I would use this CPU to build a computer that I would use to host live streams and create content for YouTube.

I've been trying to save up to build a pc but the Australian prices...The 5820k would help so much.

All the 3D Modeling with a 5820K!

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

If I get that CPU, I'm gonna build an X99 pc, even though I just got my current one.....pfft 

GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

This would be such a sweet upgrade :D its Exactly what i plan on upgrading too.  

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

If I got it I would get a new motherboard for christmas to use with it. And throw it in my rig :P

It's hard to say exactly what I would do with a 5820k build... I have spent so much time deep down the 4790k rabbit hole trying to get an insane balance of form factor, performance, elegance, storage and future proof-ability and the x99s didn't seem to fit into that construct. Or my budget.

If I was lucky enough to get this beautiful CPU I would likely do something very similar in a different case  

perhaps a Gigabyte GA x99m micro ATX

maybe up the ram to 32GB

add a second or larger rad

maybe 2 GTX 980s in SLI (doubt it $$$ but some day?)

who knows where this x99 rabit hole will lead

although this path might be a bit more $ for me, even after the generous giveaway, It leaves a lot more room for future upgrades therefore justifying the additional expense (or so i will tell myself.)

Not that my original plans were overly thrifty...

Was about to pull the trigger on:

Asus Maximus vii Impact z97

i7 4790k

Corsair dominator platinum ddr3 1600 cl7 16GB

Samsung xp941 256G M.2 SSD boot/operating drive

4ea. Intel 730 series SSD in raid 10 

Western Digital 4tb HD 

240 rad 

4ea. noctua nf f12

EVGA Hadron Hydro Case

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Hydro copper

EK fittings

EK full board block block

Acrylic tubing

EK res/pump combo

Windows 10?????

Slim optical

and whatever customizations become desired or necessary.

Help me ring in the new year in full x99 fashion and please consider me for this giveaway. :)

You guys rock, I can't thank you enough for the time you spend creating excellent content, educating and entertaining us all!!!! Before LinusTechTips I was  :blink: and with your help I am on my way to  :ph34r:.

Adam K.

Totally going to use it for physics calculations and simulations!

Travis

Thanks for the opportunity.

I would love to retire my Athlon II and get a new build up and running  :D

System: Thinkpad T460

If I'd win this cpu I would get a job that pays enough for me to buy the rest of the system.

hi! ide love to build an editing rig for my dad if i won this system he sure would love them cores!

If I was to win a 5820K I would use the money saved in my upcoming build to get a second GTX 980. Because why not?

Cheers guys

i would render horses faster! :DD thanks c;

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would build a x99 build for rendering

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hi 

This would be great for working on 3D modeling and some great overclocking.

Thanks for the great opportunity 

Wow this will be amazing for the new rig that I have been saving up to build for the past couple of months!

This would give me an excuse to build a new computer.