Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Hey LinusTechTips Media Group,

I would really like to win this CPU

What I would do with it is simple, I will insert it into my gaming rig (since I am getting a x99 motherboard for x-mas), then I will overclock this CPU to a comfortable level.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Martinez

I'd probably not be able to do anything with this cpu because my brain would explode from the speed after using an i3-2100 for 3 years

Heya guys.  

For me this processor would be kept in a vault until Feb., when i can fully buy a new rig and send the old one home.  amd955be, gigabyte 880gm and radeon 7850 right now. 

In feb i will get a whole new rig and will use this processor for my game design work. Rendering, modelling, texturing, sculpting, gaming, streaming,  50 chrome tabs and 60 opera tabs. xD  :D

If I were to win this give away I finally decide on what I am going to put into my future PC. At this point until I get the money I don't want to pick any parts out until then.

This would be great, I have wanted to do a media pc for a while now and if I put one of these in it I could totally destroy on Premier Pro. Would be nice in a small form factor build with an SSD on a network mabey use it stream TV so basically just an excuse for a new PC :)

this cool processor will be the start of my new and improved build. i need a beast of a chip and this will do great

Hopefully I can get picked I have been saving for a i7 cpu for the past year and this would help me a lot happy holidays everyone :)

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

curently building a custom mineral oil case fro a class. after i test it with cheaper parts, i would put this in it to show it off.

I love free stuff! :)

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

I will be using the i7 for games mostly and overclocking since my current CPU is locked.  Thanks, love your videos.

This would be a beautiful upgrade from my I7 3820. and would allow me to reduce the cost of my steambox development by allowing me to use the 3820 in it instead of a new processor

This would be amazing to have on an upcoming PC build I have in mind. I've needed a new PC for ages now and this will make it so much more amazing. If it's either for my gaming needs or game developing it will make my life so much easier. I'm sure the modelling on 3ds max with this CPU will be so much better than with my current Xeon W3503 Dual core 2.4GHz CPU.

I could totally use an upgrade with this CPU, I'm running a frankenstein rig with a core 2 quad extreme.

Cool, I've used AMD for years and years, way back to my 486/100mhz!  This would let me experience Intel CPU's.

I would totally build a beast of a pc. One that can handle the cad software for my engineering program with multiple tabs open. Unlike my current laptop. Also games.

Use it as an excuse to finally upgrade my system. I decided to go mini ITX and over time I began to regret it. Lack of expansion seems to out weigh the space saving.

I would snap up a good X99 board and 16gb of DDR4 ram for starters (32gb soon after), I want to get in to light video/photo editing, virtualization for learning and I do light gaming/game modding at the moment. It would also allow me to upgrade my server with my computers current parts! When I do need CPU power I tend to need a lot!

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5

Hi!

I would love to have this CPU in my build, as I am currently in the process of building me a new PC. This CPU would save me a TON of money, and that's always great.

Here is a link to my part list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DrumDealer/saved/8hyQzy

I'm not going full out on it, because I dont have over 1,000 to spend on this, but if anyone has any advice on the build, I'm more than happy to hear it.

Thanks!