Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

If I win , I would use it for multitasking and gaming.  :D 

New computer needs processing speed for video editing!

If win, love it forever like baby.

I would buy a new mother board and replace my athlon x4 750k that is holding back the performance of my r9 290x.

If i won this processor i could start my new water cooled build.

I would use this 5820k to save the world from all problems!! Sk8 or Die

I would use it you replace my fx-4300 so I cab feed my after effects addiction.

I just had a warranty replacement for a great (RIP) 4770k (PCIe controller gave up after 1.5yrs...?!?), which does barely manage 4.2GHz... (-->ebay)

So given that there's still quite a lottery with the 4790K's, I'd love to just sell my current Asus MF6, get a new x99 one and try if I cannot get the 5820K to it's limit :)

Thanks for the giveaway! :)))

5950X • Asus B550-I • 32GB GSkill 3800 C14 • 3090FE • Samsung 990 Pro 2TB • Winter One • custom loop

It it time to build a new gaming computer. My FX62 Black is showing its age...

Definitely benchmark the crap outta this babe :)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I would love winning and upgradeing to this i7 5820k as I currently have a Core 2 Quad q9650 and really need an upgrademy rig thanks!!

I'm going to replace my Q6600 and Zalman cooler with a NH-D15, and this processor if I win!  I will grab a ASrock extreme4 mobo too :)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Still got an e6700 socket 775. so i suppose it would be a little bit of an upgrade.  :)

~We roll at advantage, and do double damage.

i would use it in a build ive been wanting too build a pc since 2011 too be able to do some gaming and streaming but i havent been able to afford it but im finally getting ahead and this would help so much 

Thank you Linus & Intel for this giveaway.

If I won the CPU, I would give it to my brother who is currently trying to upgrade his desktop so it can run his virtual servers and host all of his data. He needs all new hardware as he as upgraded as far as he can with the MOBO he has.

Thanks again!

I would use this processor to finally be able to edit videos without my cpu causing the program to stutter and probably use it as my first overclocked cpu.

Anybody got a chilli dog?

Oh man getting this would be great! I'm a student studying electrical engineering, and running CAD on a regular basis, as well as starting a business building PCs, so I think I would find this a good bit better than the i5 3470 i have now. Thanks for all the videos guys, keep up the great work!

This would up my upcoming build from a 97-based rig to an x99 :)

Desktop: Intel i7 4790k, Hyper 212 EVO, SLI Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming, 8GB HyperX Fury 1600mhz, Corsair CX850M, Fractal Design R5, Crucial MX100

Laptop: Samsung NP900X4C

Peripherals: HyperX Cloud Gaming, NAD Viso HP50, B&W P5, Logitech G710+, G400s, Z623, Galaxy Note 4 (Fiio E18 DAC), Google Nexus 7 (2013)

I would love this processor! I cant wait to switch over from my AMD FX-6200! Although a new board and memory aren't going to be cheap.

As I move on to college I need a more beastly PC for modeling and rendering, but right now I don't even have a PC:( this would be an awesome upgrade to my phenom ii x4 965 I sold recently.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I'd use the 5820k for my upcoming gaming/recording & streaming build.

Hey!

What would I do then? I would get a 4-way SLI motherboard, an X99 motherboard, 16GB DDR4 and a couple of GTX 970s over a year of time.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I would use it to build a system to play doom at like 30,000 fps